Smelly old Gretsch

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
opsguy
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 445 times
Been liked: 132 times

Smelly old Gretsch

Post by opsguy »

I have a Gretsch, American, Nov 72 which I am moving on as part of my downsizing plan.
I bought this from Grant some years ago and apart from Bender using it for some recording it's virtually spent it's life in the case.
Pots are scratchy upon turning, so some tlc required but it all seems to work fine overall, sounds gretschy.
Before I put it on Trademe I thought I would see if there is any interest here. 3k for a forum member, will put it on trademe for more.
IMG_3116.JPG
IMG_3116.JPG (3.29 MiB) Viewed 1436 times
IMG_3117.JPG
IMG_3117.JPG (3.28 MiB) Viewed 1436 times
Attachments
IMG_3122.JPG
IMG_3122.JPG (3.47 MiB) Viewed 1436 times

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1968 times
Been liked: 688 times

Re: Smelly old Gretsch

Post by KNNZ »

Hot dayum!!! So much want but no $$$

vinylguy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by vinylguy »

Downsizing plan ? Are you sure you belong on here ?

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 266 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Phil, I had an early 60's version of this and it's the only Gretsch that I've played with a decent sized neck. Obviously not in the 50's Gibson/Fender zone but more substantial than the usual Gretsch production. Is this the same ?

opsguy
Fender
Fender

Post by opsguy »

vinylguy wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:38 pm Downsizing plan ? Are you sure you belong on here ?
I am hanging my head in shame…..😉

opsguy
Fender
Fender

Post by opsguy »

Dharmajester wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:49 pm Phil, I had an early 60's version of this and it's the only Gretsch that I've played with a decent sized neck. Obviously not in the 50's Gibson/Fender zone but more substantial than the usual Gretsch production. Is this the same ?
Hi - Maybe Grant can add an opinion here I am not an expert by any means on Gretsch. I have just checked this against Dewey and it is not as thick as that. It seems to be about the same as my precision bass which has the 63 C neck profile. Would you like me to add some side profile photo’s?

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 266 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Dharmajester »

opsguy wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:18 pm
Dharmajester wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:49 pm Phil, I had an early 60's version of this and it's the only Gretsch that I've played with a decent sized neck. Obviously not in the 50's Gibson/Fender zone but more substantial than the usual Gretsch production. Is this the same ?
Hi - Maybe Grant can add an opinion here I am not an expert by any means on Gretsch. I have just checked this against Dewey and it is not as thick as that. It seems to be about the same as my precision bass which has the 63 C neck profile. Would you like me to add some side profile photo’s?
We'll wait on Grant"s input as I believe he's had both simultaneously. :thumbup:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 2020 times

Post by GrantB »

These are a slim neck. Like a ‘61. Super sounding Gretsch btw. The original black top Filtertrons are a thing for sure.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by bender »

OMFG!!!!

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by bender »

I should add- this is what got me hooked on Gretsches. If I hadn’t splurged on new gear lately, I’d be snapping this up immediately!

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 543 times
Been liked: 891 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

I'll take it.
Also can I have fries with that