Vintage ABR posts mod - longer length in nickel/brass

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 2020 times

Vintage ABR posts mod - longer length in nickel/brass

Post by GrantB »

OK, I have had a big load of 6-32 high quality brass machine screws plated in nickel so people can perform their own MapleFlame mod to their Les Paul. Brass sounds better than stainless IME. These really are good ole American high quality pieces.

Standards Gibson length is 1-1/16" - these are around 2" long and I can either leave the head on for you to cut to the right/custom length, or cut it at 1.5" and grind a slight "tap" into the end so you have an easier run installing.

The original bottom end is the end that should stick up into the bridge and be visible as it has the correct dimple.

If you need help to undertake this work, ask here and we can step through it (heaps online about it - search MapleFlame mod). Or your luthier/guitar guru can do it.

$15 pair, plus whatever postage we need to arrange.
Attachments
IMG_3062.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg (110.32 KiB) Viewed 509 times
IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_3061.jpg (123.98 KiB) Viewed 509 times
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 3138 times

Re: Vintage ABR posts - longer length in nickel/brass

Post by Molly »

Cool! That's attention to detail.

Reminds me. The bridge pickup in my Nocaster has one original, slot-head screw - corroded head to fit with the relic thing - and two newer cross-head screws that stick out like dogs' balls. Pisses me off that this stuff gets unnecessarily mixed-up. It'd had a Mr Glynn pickup at some point so screws probably got arsed with then. Anyway, any idea where I can get two replacement screws to match the original one?

Thanks.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1075 times
Been liked: 2020 times

Post by GrantB »

eBay for sure, but I’ll check what I’ve got too
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 266 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Molly wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:02 pm Cool! That's attention to detail.

Reminds me. The bridge pickup in my Nocaster has one original, slot-head screw - corroded head to fit with the relic thing - and two newer cross-head screws that stick out like dogs' balls. Pisses me off that this stuff gets unnecessarily mixed-up. It'd had a Mr Glynn pickup at some point so screws probably got arsed with then. Anyway, any idea where I can get two replacement screws to match the original one?

Thanks.
Remove the new one, put it in an icecream container along with a receptical containing a little hydrochloric acid. Put the lid back on the icecream container ( fumes are not so nice ). Check periodically to see if the screw has reached the degree of finish destruction required.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Dharmajester wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:31 am
Molly wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:02 pm Cool! That's attention to detail.

Thanks.
Remove the new one, put it in an icecream container along with a receptical containing a little hydrochloric acid. Put the lid back on the icecream container ( fumes are not so nice ). Check periodically to see if the screw has reached the degree of finish destruction required.
I would but it's a cross-head screw. I know that seems incredibly fussy but I want it right.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

GrantB wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:37 am eBay for sure, but I’ll check what I’ve got too
Thanks Grant.

The guitar did actually come, strangely, with spare screws / springs etc, all suitably corroded, but they're the ones for adjusting intonation. So I'm guessing out there somewhere is another Nocaster with shiny intonation screws. Anyway, happy to send them to you for your stock if you've a use for them.