FS: Suhr Antique Classic and James Tyler $4k each

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 266 times

FS: Suhr Antique Classic and James Tyler $4k each

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Sorry for being lazy, but copying/pasting from my post on Facebook:

These two beautiful guitars need to go, based on my heavily enforced maximum number of guitars owned rule!

James Tyler - A previous owner had active pickups in, so there's a (very tidily installed) battery compartment on its back. Frets, neck, body and paintwork are all lovely. The neck on this is a comfortable chunky - not too big, but not skinny either. Has a FANTASTIC set of Mr Glyn's pickups in it, but also comes with a white pickguard and original pickups. No case. James Tyler Strats have to be played to be believed - there's a good reason they are popular (especially with pro musicians) and expensive notwithstanding the "unique" headstock.

Suhr Classic Antique - I would call this a medium relic, but the paperwork says heavy. This is what vintage guitars should feel like. So very comfortable. Body is roasted alder. Neck is like butter. Pickups are clear but not shrill. If it wasn't for the fact I own a 63 strat, this wouldn't be going anywhere. Comes with proper GG hard case and paperwork.

Selling for $4000 each, which I think is a spectacularly good price. If one sells, I may decide to keep the other 🙂

Can send more photos to interested purchasers. I'd drop the price slightly for forumites.

Collection is from Mt Eden
Attachments
tempImagetoXjUr.gif
tempImagetoXjUr.gif (2.93 MiB) Viewed 183 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 690 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Re: FS: Suhr Antique Classic and James Tyler $4k each

Post by Slowy »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:59 pm These two beautiful guitars need to go, based on my heavily enforced maximum number of guitars owned rule!
For gods sake man, you're a Lawyer; you couldn't re-negotiate the rule? :rofl:

If I could find a way to relieve you of that Tyler............
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Slowy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:03 pm
Kiwiaxe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:59 pm These two beautiful guitars need to go, based on my heavily enforced maximum number of guitars owned rule!
For gods sake man, you're a Lawyer; you couldn't re-negotiate the rule? :rofl:

If I could find a way to relieve you of that Tyler............
I'm sure I could renegotiate the rule. But the cost of such renegotiation may not be worth it!

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Oh and yes the Tyler is a total cracker. Solid smooth neck, Glyn's pickups, and the gold is lovely! I'm happy to do generous payment terms to well established forumites too.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 672 times
Been liked: 383 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Drool. Such fine taste.