[SOLD] PRS 408 FS or swap- now priced to sell!

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 127 times

[SOLD] PRS 408 FS or swap- now priced to sell!

Post by Basket Case »

I've been considering this for a while. It's an amazing guitar but I have to accept that I have and always will be an S-style kind of guy.

I purchased it new from the Rockshop in 2018 (however the serial dates it as a 2015 production year) and have the original receipt available for the purchaser. It has a few battle scars which I've photographed. I'm open to reasonable offers- these are $6999 at the Rockshop. I'm willing to take $3500 from forumites.

The 408 model number means 4 pickups + 8 sounds. Paul's wizardry on this model resulted in pickups and switching options capable of everything from the meatiest humbucker chug to the sweetest single-coil clean and everything in between. Needless to say, it's a very versatile guitar. As with all PRS guitars, the craftsmanship, playability and tone is outstanding. It has the pattern regular neck profile.

Offers of trades involving high-end S-style or headless guitars + cash welcomed. The right amp might tempt me too.

Hit me up if you want any extra pics or info.

post an image

Last edited by Basket Case on Mon May 24, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 692 times

Re: PRS 408 FS or swap

Post by olegmcnoleg »

That is very nice indeed. What wood is the fretboard?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 680 times
Been liked: 489 times

Post by robthemac »

Headless-curious? Haven't seen that since the 8chan days.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 pm That is very nice indeed. What wood is the fretboard?
I think it's rosewood.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

robthemac wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 pm Headless-curious? Haven't seen that since the 8chan days.
:lol:

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 480 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by mrmofo »

very nice
Last edited by mrmofo on Wed May 05, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 2907 times

Post by Molly »

Basket Case wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:05 pm I've been considering this for a while. It's an amazing guitar but I have to accept that I have and always will be an S-style kind of guy.

I purchased it new from the Rockshop in 2018 and have the original receipt available for the purchaser. It has a few battle scars which I've photographed. I'm open to reasonable offers- these are $6999 at the Rockshop.

Confess I've never seen the PRS nut finished at the edge like that. Used to find that the regular, square-edged nut felt sharp against my index finger. Have you had any setup work done on it?

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Molly wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:50 pm
Basket Case wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:05 pm I've been considering this for a while. It's an amazing guitar but I have to accept that I have and always will be an S-style kind of guy.

I purchased it new from the Rockshop in 2018 and have the original receipt available for the purchaser. It has a few battle scars which I've photographed. I'm open to reasonable offers- these are $6999 at the Rockshop.

Confess I've never seen the PRS nut finished at the edge like that. Used to find that the regular, square-edged nut felt sharp against my index finger. Have you had any setup work done on it?
No, that's the way it was new. I know what you mean though- all the SE's I've had have been very square edged on the nut.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

nice top
Last edited by mrmofo on Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

great guitar
Last edited by mrmofo on Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2118 times
Been liked: 3180 times

Post by Bg »

Whats all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here. This is a local thread for local people!
If your gut instinks tell you something isn't right. You are usually right.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

i.e. I have my eye on it....

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

back to the prs nuts,
Yeah the SE ones are quite sharp, I always round the ends off. But lately I've been rounding more off like in the pic above.

Cost me dearly at the weekend when I took too much off and the nut has a feelable blip on the edge. Lesson learned, be gentler.

Keep meaning to make a new bone nut for the SE I have, this weekend is on the cards!

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 1080 times

Post by Conway »

And the 408 for sale is a lovely looking guitar. I really like the 408, great model.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

would love to hear it
Last edited by mrmofo on Wed May 05, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.