Gunn 100, wedge monitor

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 118 times

Gunn 100, wedge monitor

Post by RectifiedAmps »

I'm trying to clear out my workspace and recoup some $ to cover some recent purchases. Open to reasonable offers on anything, too.

Rockit Superlead 130 mkV: SOLD

12” speaker wedge cabinet/monitor: Loaded with a NOS 80's 150W Philips 12" full-range speaker, 8ohms (AD 12252 HP8), the cabinet has a few dings but structurally solid. Asking $50
Wedge.jpg
Wedge.jpg (146.16 KiB) Viewed 354 times
More photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by RectifiedAmps on Sun May 30, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 14 times in total.

RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton

Re: TC Flashback delay & (rehoused) Xotic SP compressor

Post by RectifiedAmps »

SOLD - TC Electronic Flashback delay + looper - SOLD - great shape except for paint chip on the underside.

SOLD- Xotic SP compressor - this is an SP unit that has been rehoused in a new (larger) box. Primed and ready to paint or leave it as-is. Works perfectly. I got the guts direct from Xotic a while back as a test set, for comparing to a faulty unit.
Last edited by RectifiedAmps on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Gunn Classic 100, Rockit Superlead, wedge monitor

Post by RectifiedAmps »

The Rockit and wedge/monitor are still up for grabs. Thought I'd add this one to the list- an early Gunn 100. I've had this one for a while but I've finally found some time to tidy it up and get it running properly. Replaced all electrolytics, re-did some wiring and the bias circuit, replaced the sketchy impedance selector with a rotary selector, matched up some spare EL34s. Sounds loud and clean, with no hum and no issues. Two channels (can be bridged) with independent volume, treble & bass controls, plus a presence. Open to offers. More photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
IMG_6997.JPG
IMG_6997.JPG (296.22 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Last edited by RectifiedAmps on Thu May 27, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

murky
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by murky »

I’ve always been curious about those Rockit’s. Used to rent PA gear from Anil weekly back in the day. What do they sound like? Word is lot of similarities to the early Mesa Marks?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 946 times
Been liked: 1766 times

Re: Gunn 100, Rockit Superlead, wedge monitor

Post by GrantB »

Can you imagine the volume....15" speaker, 130 watts...I had a Super Lead in the day @ 100 watts and it was crushing. Sounded pretty good listening to my old recordings.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton

Post by RectifiedAmps »

murky wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:07 am I’ve always been curious about those Rockit’s. Used to rent PA gear from Anil weekly back in the day. What do they sound like? Word is lot of similarities to the early Mesa Marks?
It’s hard to say. I think the circuit is quite different but it does go from clean to crunch in a similar way. I really like the clean tones on it and the reverb is pretty lush, but the breakup is nice too. I’m not a big fan of high-gain amp settings so I can’t comment on how well it matches a Mesa, but it does get pretty grindy. The 15” sounds huge, too but I haven’t dared to crank the amp up to it’s full potential.

RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Gunn 100, wedge monitor

Post by RectifiedAmps »

Rockit sold! Still have the Gunn and the speaker cab