FS: Boss RC2 - Double Hotcake - Bigsby Sold

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 56 times

FS: Boss RC2 - Double Hotcake - Bigsby Sold

Post by IMOCD »

Incoming Volante from Jellybelly, so putting my double hotcake on the block too. Mintie in box. $340 (inc p&p)

PhotoPictureResizer_20201129_130343.jpg
PhotoPictureResizer_20201129_130343.jpg (136.35 KiB) Viewed 642 times

IMG20201129132204_copy_750x562_1.jpg
IMG20201129132204_copy_750x562_1.jpg (135.93 KiB) Viewed 697 times

Everything here to kit out a Les Paul (Gibson only, not Epiphone). Was originally gold but most of this has rubbed off revealing chrome. Some Brasso will easily remove the gold all together. Some very minor scratches, but all in all vgc. This is the real-deal-sand-cast version. Vibramate is gold, but most of it is hidden by the B7. Again, some Brasso will take it to chrome. All screws etc included. $320 (inc p&p). ($485 retail)

IMG20201129132525_copy_750x1000_1.jpg
IMG20201129132525_copy_750x1000_1.jpg (183.97 KiB) Viewed 697 times

Working perfectly well with no issues. No velcro and some minor scratches. Don't seem to sell these new anymore, but we're $300 new at start of 2020 according to Pricespy. Therefore have priced based on this, but let me know if you think I'm off the mark. $180 (inc postage)

Selling to fund new delay pedal. The Volante has "past participle of get" under my skin, darn it!!!
Last edited by IMOCD on Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Re: FS: Boss RC2 - Double Hotcake - US Bigsby B7/vibramate

Post by IMOCD »

Double hotcake added.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 454 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Any interest in a trade for single HC + cash?

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Post by IMOCD »

rickenbackerkid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:10 pm Any interest in a trade for single HC + cash?
Sorry man. Just blew a wad on a delay pedal and need to recoup. You know the story....... :wink:

vintage52
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 430 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by vintage52 »

HC still available?
Wellington

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Post by IMOCD »

vintage52 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 am HC still available?
Sure is. Was going to list on TM, but prefer to sell it here.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 676 times

Post by kdawg2a »

I completely get that this is a lowballing thing and it's not what I want but my current financial situation (surviving for a year out of work, stuck in the U.S) and the need for the Bigsby and vibramate on my Les Paul Traditional dictates that if at any stage both get to $250, I'll buy them.
You're more than welcome to tell me to f#%k off and I completely understand.
I feel fantastic. Hey, hey, hey.

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Post by IMOCD »

kdawg2a wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:36 am I completely get that this is a lowballing thing and it's not what I want but my current financial situation (surviving for a year out of work, stuck in the U.S) and the need for the Bigsby and vibramate on my Les Paul Traditional dictates that if at any stage both get to $250, I'll buy them.
You're more than welcome to tell me to f#%k off and I completely understand.
Hey, I have absolutely no intention to tell you to f##k off. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :thumbup:

Bigsby has just sold on TM though, sorry.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: FS: Boss RC2 - Double Hotcake - Bigsby Sold

Post by Jonny »

Why do I wait too long for things I really want? That Bigsby would've been perfect, peeling gold and all... :bummed:
Yes, M'Lady.

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Post by IMOCD »

Jonny wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:15 pm Why do I wait too long for things I really want? That Bigsby would've been perfect, peeling gold and all... :bummed:
You and me both. Kicking myself for missing out on a midi controller on TM that closed tonight. It went for a third of the retail price!!

The gold wasn't peeling as such. The plating is uber thin and even hand contact wears it down. A bit of elbow grease and Brasso will take it back to chrome.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)

Post by Jonny »

IMOCD wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:21 pm
Jonny wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:15 pm Why do I wait too long for things I really want? That Bigsby would've been perfect, peeling gold and all... :bummed:
You and me both. Kicking myself for missing out on a midi controller on TM that closed tonight. It went for a third of the retail price!!

The gold wasn't peeling as such. The plating is uber thin and even hand contact wears it down. A bit of elbow grease and Brasso will take it back to chrome.
Just stop it :rofl:

I've got a Greco Black Beauty with worn gold hardware that it was destined to bolt on to...
Yes, M'Lady.

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Post by IMOCD »

Jonny wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:26 pm

I've got a Greco Black Beauty with worn gold hardware that it was destined to bolt on to...
True, forget that some folk prefer gold!! If it's any consolation, I don't think it would have fitted. You'll likely need a B70, for imports.

Any pics of the Greco? Sounds cool.

Jonny
Parker (Permanently)

Post by Jonny »

IMOCD wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:29 pm

True, forget that some folk prefer gold!! If it's any consolation, I don't think it would have fitted. You'll likely need a B70, for imports.

That's good to know, as I had been close to ordering from Reverb. Would be a shite to get the wrong one.

I picked up the Greco for my son to play the last time I was in Japan. I think it's a '89 model, Japanese made, and I got it cheap in a second hand shop. It sounds great, with a real 50's style slight V bat-like neck. Ever since I got it I had my mind on fitting a Bigsby. Don't ask me why I didn't pull the trigger on yours. I'm just going to tell myself that The Gods prevented the transaction because it wouldn't fit :rofl:

Yes, M'Lady.

IMOCD
Tokai
Tokai

Post by IMOCD »

Jonny wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:25 pm
IMOCD wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:29 pm

That's good to know, as I had been close to ordering from Reverb. Would be a shite to get the wrong one.

I picked up the Greco for my son to play the last time I was in Japan. I think it's a '89 model, Japanese made, and I got it cheap in a second hand shop. It sounds great, with a real 50's style slight V bat-like neck. Ever since I got it I had my mind on fitting a Bigsby. Don't ask me why I didn't pull the trigger on yours. I'm just going to tell myself that The Gods prevented the transaction because it wouldn't fit :rofl:

That's mighty pretty. I'm a big fan of Greco's, even with the gold. :wink: Thinking on it some more, maybe it's the Vibramate that's not compatible with non-Gibson LP's. Crikeys, I researched all this before I bought it last year - another example of my aging CPU not retaining info. Sigh....

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 737 times

Post by AiRdAd »

I've got a Bigsby B7 and Vibramate if anyone is still after one. Not gold though, just the standard colour.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.