MPC 18w "TMB" Handwired Marshall clone head + (WOW RARE) Marshall CX 1x12 Cab

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: MPC 18w "TMB" Handwired Marshall clone head + (WOW RARE) Marshall CX 1x12 Cab

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Wearing a Crown of Chaos.

OK it's more like a Crown of Dithery Indecision, but hey :congrats:

I wasn't ready to part with this before - testing the waters - but I took some time to let go of it. You know... gaze upon it / annoy the neighbours one last time / get it out of my system. I've worked through it and I'm content - the counseling helps. I said to myself it's OK, just make a decision and stick with it. :oops:

Jonny
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: MPC 18w "TMB" Handwired Marshall clone head + (WOW RARE) Marshall CX 1x12 Cab

Post by Jonny »

I've got to admit that head looks awfully tempting...

What's the clean headroom like? Comparable to a AC15?

IMOCD
Steinberger
Steinberger
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by IMOCD »

It's a shame Michael from MPC has fled our shores as he did put together some really good amps. I bought a 15 watt tremoverb off him years ago. Since sold it, but kinda wishing I had kept it. Mate plays a 5 watt fender clone of his (champ I think) and that thing will peel paint.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MogwaiBoy »

Jonny wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:59 am

I've never played an AC15, much less side-by-side, so I honestly can't say. I've played a fair few AC30s and owned an AC30HWH though - that would be comparable to the TMB side of this 18-watter. Both AC15 and this being 2xEL84, (and AC15's are tube rectified too?), I don't imagine they'd wouldn't be worlds apart but they'd be noticably different. For clean-ish tones I can always spot a Vox a mile away compared to a Marshall - and this sounds like a Marshall to me. Ofcourse there's no tremolo or reverb too. Plugging into the 1974X side definitely steers it more Vox... straight tone control and volume - very pure. Tonnes of crisp highs if you go over noon on the treble. Headroom? Absolutely 3-dimensional clean at home (through the CX cab, wow) but definitely crunchy with a rock drummer. Depending on pickups, the breakup starts happening quite a bit before halfway on the volume - not far after half way it doesn't get much louder, just dirtier. Ofcourse at that point all your bandmates will not want to be in the room. But you will smile, I guarantee :D

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MogwaiBoy »

IMOCD wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:21 pm
It's a shame Michael from MPC has fled our shores as he did put together some really good amps. I bought a 15 watt tremoverb off him years ago. Since sold it, but kinda wishing I had kept it. Mate plays a 5 watt fender clone of his (champ I think) and that thing will peel paint.
Yeah I agree. I also miss Ryan :(

Jonny
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jonny »

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm
Jonny wrote:

I've never played an AC15, much less side-by-side, so I honestly can't say. I've played a fair few AC30s and owned an AC30HWH though - that would be comparable to the TMB side of this 18-watter. Both AC15 and this being 2xEL84, (and AC15's are tube rectified too?), I don't imagine they'd wouldn't be worlds apart but they'd be noticably different. For clean-ish tones I can always spot a Vox a mile away compared to a Marshall - and this sounds like a Marshall to me. Ofcourse there's no tremolo or reverb too. Plugging into the 1974X side definitely steers it more Vox... straight tone control and volume - very pure. Tonnes of crisp highs if you go over noon on the treble. Headroom? Absolutely 3-dimensional clean at home (through the CX cab, wow) but definitely crunchy with a rock drummer. Depending on pickups, the breakup starts happening quite a bit before halfway on the volume - not far after half way it doesn't get much louder, just dirtier. Ofcourse at that point all your bandmates will not want to be in the room. But you will smile, I guarantee :D
Goddamnit I'm trying to sell gear, not buy it! :bummed: :rofl:

I think we were / are following each others listings on TM.

Soooo bloody tempting. I've got a 2 x 12 with blues that I can imagine that head working with....

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by H671 »

Jonny wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:08 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm
Jonny wrote:

Goddamnit I'm trying to sell gear, not buy it! :bummed: :rofl:

I think we were / are following each others listings on TM.

Soooo bloody tempting. I've got a 2 x 12 with blues that I can imagine that head working with....
You need something new, something borrowed & something blue for the Gear fest.
Gibson 335, Harmony H671, Epiphone Riviera & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar, Antoria acoustic.
Rivera Clubster 45, SWR California Blonde, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Miza »

I had a Ceriatone 18W TMB EF86 head a few years back. Fantastic amp.

Does this one have a EF86 in one of the channels?
Nothing to see here.