John Page Ashburn HH & Knaggs Severn HH

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
OhFuxk
Parker
Parker
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times

John Page Ashburn HH & Knaggs Severn HH

Post by OhFuxk »

both were purchased from the forum so back to the forum!

John Page Classic Ashburn HH in white, ex Molly, Sizzlingbadger and probably some more.. with John Page soft case
i've done some upgrade to this baby
- Oak Grigsby 5 Way Single-Wafer Superswitch (original was a 3 way switch) re wired into :
1. Bridge humbucker Full
2. Bridge split coil
3. Bridge and Neck split
4. Neck split coil
5. Neck humbucker full
- Black Candy .022 uF Oil Paper Capacitor
- Treble bleed
- Switchcraft jack

$1500 same as what I paid ex all the "upgrades "
Last edited by OhFuxk on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Re: John Page Ashburn HH & Knaggs Severn HH

Post by OhFuxk »

knaggs sold
Last edited by OhFuxk on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

Knaggs sold. Ashburn still available :crazy:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 582 times
Been liked: 1595 times

Post by Slowy »

To me, those look like two builder's interpretations of exactly the same design brief. I played the Knaggs unplugged when it was in my local Rockshop (beautifully made) and toyed with the idea of buying the Page when Oleg had it, but never met the thing.
So how did they differ? Feel? Sound?
I'm like you; have more success with the idea of Humbuckers than the reality.
"Consider the A note, 440 cycles.
Multiply 440 by 10 to the 23rd power times Planck's constant and what you get is the colour Green."
Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter.

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

Slowy wrote:To me, those look like two builder's interpretations of exactly the same design brief. I played the Knaggs unplugged when it was in my local Rockshop (beautifully made) and toyed with the idea of buying the Page when Oleg had it, but never met the thing.
So how did they differ? Feel? Sound?
I'm like you; have more success with the idea of Humbuckers than the reality.
The Knaggs is indeed beautifully made and a very refined instrument, also probably the thickest maple cap ive seen. the 8.5 radius fretboard sit right between the vintage & modern fender spec, but man you can shred on this thing crazy while chording comfortably. Sounds beautiful, guess you cant go wrong with seymour duncan 59 & JB. is there anything i don't like about it? yes, the pickup switch position kinda hard to reach as i switch pickup ALOT during playing. the body doesn't balance very well play in sit down position. The tremolo bridge is a personal thing, i only feel home with gotoh 510.

The John Page is a spec king on paper - comes with Goth 510 bridge & locking tuner stock. it has one of the worst 3 way switch ever hence i swapped with a 5 way super switch and play with the wiring a bit - i want it to be a very versatile guitar. The neck feels a bit chunky but in a good way, if i decide to keep the guitar i might sand the back of the neck. THe heel joint design is innovative, upper frets access is awesome - heel joint design is very important for me that's why i don't buy fender :) Great attention to all little details as most other Japanese guitar. Great guitar all round.

Sound wise i like the Knaggs more, but mainly because of the pickups. Pickups on the John Page are not bad by all means, it just sounds very humbucker and i'm a very single coil guy :crazy:

I tried very hard to convince myself in playing humbuckers but keep coming back to single coils... i guess that's it for me.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 669 times
Been liked: 942 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I miss that JP, if I had the cash I'd probably buy it back, I didn't even mind the 3 way switch :winky: I loved the neck on it, absolutely perfect for me. Unfortunately I doubt I've got anything I could trade either.
“There are only two industries that refer to their customers as 'users': illegal drugs and software. " — Edward Tufte

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

sizzlingbadger wrote:I miss that JP, if I had the cash I'd probably buy it back, I didn't even mind the 3 way switch :winky: I loved the neck on it, absolutely perfect for me. Unfortunately I doubt I've got anything I could trade either.
its just me love keep changing pickup during playing, the 3 way switch was so stiff that hurt my pinkie so bad :lol:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 496 times

Post by StratMatt »

I traded a EBMM JP15 for that John Page and a Marshall JVM head. Possibly the best trade I've had the luck to make actually.

I really rated it, but just sold it on as I needed some cash. I thought some brighter voiced pickups would have really taken this to the next level. The 510 trem would have to be one of the nicest I've used.
"It's called music theory, not music fact" - EVH

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

StratMatt wrote: I thought some brighter voiced pickups would have really taken this to the next level.
That's my plan if it doesn't sell

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

John page is still up for grabs

OhFuxk
Parker
Parker

Post by OhFuxk »

moving down to Christchurch for good next month. Help me off load one more gear before I move, make me an offer :)