ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mike Clayton
None available now.
Recommended for V1 in pre-amp stages for any amp.
7025s are usually specified in vintage Fender amps.

The TAD 7025 WA Highgrade delivers full gain with smooth top end and no microphony issues even with the most sensitive pre-amps. The 7025 WA supports a fat midrange and creates a bold tone with lots of harmonics. Played clean, they deliver a warm liquid tone which is very responsive to dynamic playing. Overdriven, they provide lots of sustain with well defined mid-range punch.

- recommended choice for most demanding guitar amp input/V1 stages
- extremely low microphony selected for most sensitive applications
- smooth top end
- full gain
- fat mid range
- tight low end
- outstanding low microphony
- low noise
- triple mica construction
- replaces: 12AX7, 12AX7A/WA/WB/WC, ECC83, 7025, SPAX7-A
TAD 7025 WA + Box.jpg
TAD 7025 WA + Box.jpg (74.55 KiB) Viewed 180 times
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BY MattH
Is there much difference between this and say the JJ 12ax7 that I've got in my old VibroChamp? I've always found that it's a luck of the draw story with tubes. Are these a little more consistent?
BY MattH
Also, was thinking of trying a lower gain tube in that position - either a 12ay7 or 12at7. I hear you can get a little more response out of an amp that way. Any thought on that?
The TAD 7025 Highgrades are "selected" tubes and are much better, quieter & more consistent than any JJ 12AX7 IMO. I've used them on my 6G15 reverb & Trinity TC15. A very noticeable reduction in hum (especially on the 6G15) and I preferred the tone in the TC15 (AB'd against a JJ 12AX7 and a Tung Sol 12AX7 re-issue). I personally don't really like JJs in any "tonal" role but we don't have much choice buying new in NZ! I've read many times that 12AT7s are NOT good in a tonal roll but your ears should be the judge. I can't offer an opinion on the VibroChamp V1 choice having no experience with it but I like a 12AY7 in my Tweed Deluxe 5E3.