ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mike Clayton
You want drip? No pedal compares to this classic stand alone reverb unit.

Hand wired, hand built by me, this is not a kit. The dovetailed pine cabinet in amber tweed is by BG.
The back panel is shielded for noise reduction. Foot pedal included.
This is a clone of Fender's 6G15 stand alone reverb unit. I have utilised 2 improvements from the current production 6G15 which you need.
1/. Isolated Ground Bus so no earth loop hum when plugged in to another amp or device connected to earth.
2/. Full wave bridge rectifier (the originals have a half wave).

Valve complement:-
NOS Philips 12AT7
Brand new TAD 7025 WA
NOS 6K6GT

Price is $1250.00. This is my cost for components as I build these amps/effects as a hobby and for the tonal experience.
6G15 Front.jpg
6G15 Front.jpg (452.53 KiB) Viewed 289 times

6G15 Panel.jpg
6G15 Panel.jpg (446.51 KiB) Viewed 289 times

6G15 Gutshot.jpg
6G15 Gutshot.jpg (407.19 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BY MattH
Mike Clayton wrote:
MattH wrote:Bit too luxurious for me, but what does it sound like, Mike? Would love to hear it!

It sounds fantastic. From googling and listening I discovered what "drip" is!

They do sound fantastic. I played through one once. I secretly wanted to hear if you were as good a player as an amp builder. If you were, I'd have to cut all ties, just for the sake of my own ego.

Anyway, here's a nice clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cfDoPe1z-A
BY Mike Clayton
MattH wrote:
Mike Clayton wrote:
MattH wrote:Bit too luxurious for me, but what does it sound like, Mike? Would love to hear it!

It sounds fantastic. From googling and listening I discovered what "drip" is!

They do sound fantastic. I played through one once. I secretly wanted to hear if you were as good a player as an amp builder. If you were, I'd have to cut all ties, just for the sake of my own ego.

Anyway, here's a nice clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cfDoPe1z-A

Ha, I'm an OK guitar player and pretty good sometimes when I practice (as I used to when with the band). Yes, nice clip - it sounds just like that if not slightly better!
BY MattH
I bet!

Nothing competes with real life, eh?

In a similar vein, the day I heard a guitar through a real Leslie was the day I sold my rotary pedal.

Now THAT is a difficult sound to emulate.
BY Mike Clayton
I recently met a guy that's in a blues band (he sings AND plays lead - coont!). I watched/listened to them playing a cover of SRV's Cold Shot and he uses a Fender Vibroverb thru a guitar leslie. Wow - inspired me to build the Vibroverb!
BY MattH
Mike Clayton wrote:I recently met a guy that's in a blues band (he sings AND plays lead - coont!). I watched/listened to them playing a cover of SRV's Cold Shot and he uses a Fender Vibroverb thru a guitar leslie. Wow - inspired me to build the Vibroverb!

Ha ha! Are you building a head version?