Help me grab a koc - pedals for sale

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 603 times

Re: Help me grab a koc - pedals for sale

Post by hamo »

ValveKing sold.

Only really posting to say that it was sold on TM using their "Make an offer" feature. I had a reserve of $400, bn of $450. Buyer used the feature to make an offer of $350, I was able to put a counter offer of $380, which he accepted. Quite a nifty feature, although I'm not sure it justifies the $30 of TM fees on a $380 sale. :bummed:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

hamo wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:45 am ValveKing sold.

Only really posting to say that it was sold on TM using their "Make an offer" feature. I had a reserve of $400, bn of $450. Buyer used the feature to make an offer of $350, I was able to put a counter offer of $380, which he accepted. Quite a nifty feature, although I'm not sure it justifies the $30 of TM fees on a $380 sale. :bummed:
7.9% TM fees do start to add up. I'll agree that that the Offer feature is quite good - I've scored a couple of deals that way and it is a lot quicker than Q+A.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

FYI, I'm NOT Scarecrow101 on Trade Me.... just The_Scarecrow :mental:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

The Scarecrow wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 pm

7.9% TM fees do start to add up. I'll agree that that the Offer feature is quite good - I've scored a couple of deals that way and it is a lot quicker than Q+A.
Yeah, and it felt cleaner too. Nothing emotive, just dollar amounts going back and forth.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

hamo wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:17 pm
The Scarecrow wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Yeah, and it felt cleaner too. Nothing emotive, just dollar amounts going back and forth.
Agreed. I sold some of my sneaker collection recently and one of them was done via Offer - the buyer lowballed but then came within $40 of my asking price and I nudged up up to $30 less than my reserve - good tool for negotiation.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 4845 times
Been liked: 2622 times

Post by jeremyb »

I just put my cell number in the Q&A and try do a deal off tardme :lol:
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Aaand the pirate is sold. End of an era. :thumbup:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 4845 times
Been liked: 2622 times

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 pm Aaand the pirate is sold. End of an era. :thumbup:
I almost feel like we need to hold a wake or something!!
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 pm
hamo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 pm Aaand the pirate is sold. End of an era. :thumbup:
I almost feel like we need to hold a wake or something!!
The hilarious thing is, the guy who bought it is a bit of a personality, and he's been running a twitter thread about buying it! If I'd known I could have done a deal off TM and saved $50 in fees!

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

The Pirate has left the building. It's gone to a good home and may even end up getting used on a real stage in front of real people.

I now own one electric guitar, one amp, and one acoustic. Feeling oddly zen about this, but I'm sure it will pass. :lol:

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

hamo wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:40 am I now own one electric guitar, one amp, and one acoustic. Feeling oddly zen about this, but I'm sure it will pass. :lol:
It's a weird feeling, that scaling down. It's where I've been getting towards in the last few of years. 10 years ago I had entire room full of equipment that basically resembled a music store. Nowdays I've literally got my main electric, a backup for this, my grail guitar which is not used live anymore and a couple of amps, plus one acoustic. Ironically more focus into the music and band now vs acquisition of gear... times have changed :lol:

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

The Scarecrow wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:14 am
hamo wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:40 am I now own one electric guitar, one amp, and one acoustic. Feeling oddly zen about this, but I'm sure it will pass. :lol:
It's a weird feeling, that scaling down. It's where I've been getting towards in the last few of years. 10 years ago I had entire room full of equipment that basically resembled a music store. Nowdays I've literally got my main electric, a backup for this, my grail guitar which is not used live anymore and a couple of amps, plus one acoustic. Ironically more focus into the music and band now vs acquisition of gear... times have changed :lol:
Yeah, I never had a massive collection, but considering how little I play, more than what I have is hard to justify to myself.