ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY robthemac
I bought this of TradeMe for not a lot earlier this year. The idea was for it to be a beater guitar that I could take to work/on holidays etc. Turns out it probably needs a bit more work that I have time for.

The good: it... works... I guess. It plays notes. The intonation was not terrible. Pickups don't sound terrible. Controls do what they're meant to aren't aren't too noisy. The bridge is fine. The tuners tune. From a distance the guitar looks pretty cool - silver sparkle with a flamed maple neck.

The bad: this was clearly assembled by someone who hopefully never subjected this earth to their luthiery again. Neck pocket isn't entirely straight. The neck itself is the main problem: unfinished pine (I think). It's shaped and sanded quite nicely, but feels incredibly dry and unusual to hold. The rosewood-looking fingerboard needs some serious rolling. Don't even get me started on the fret finishing or the nut. The maple veneer on the headstock was casually applied. The nut isn't cut to size and sits about 2mm out of the slot on the bass end. The action was high - I haven't tried to adjust it.

Basically, it's fine aside from the neck, which in its current state I would subject my worst enemy to.

So, I bought a second-hand Tele neck off a forum member to chuck on it. Really nice two-piece maple with good figuring, skunk stripe, walnut truss rod surround. Frets and nut finishing looks and feels fantastic. Unfortunately, the new neck doesn't sit perfectly in the neck pocket, and the screw holes don't line up. It wouldn't be a huge job to put the better neck on, but one that I don't have time for.

Tele with original neck is free to anyone who can pick it up. Will include the replacement neck for $65 (what I paid for it). I will happily keep the new neck for a future project.
That's a bummer, I was watching this one on TM too and happy you got it. Looked great... from afar.

Generous offer, I am sure someone will take up your offer :-)
BY KNNZ
robthemac wrote:
KNNZ wrote:I’ll take it please ! Where’s pickup?

Whangarei. Potentially Auckland but not for the next few weeks.

When u come to Aucks for the trem arm for your strat we can do the swap!