Hollowbody Eastman AR605, full sized and super resonant SOLD

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Hamishg
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Hollowbody Eastman AR605, full sized and super resonant

Post by Hamishg »

Hi there, where abouts was this guitar made? If it's still available late September I'd be keen to check it out! Thanks

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 785 times
Been liked: 762 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

All Eastman guitars are handmade in China. Don't let that out you off, read the online reviews. They are some of the best guitars I've ever come across--and I've come across a lot.

I'm based in Central Auckland, you are welcome to come over and try it out if you can get there.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5383 times
Been liked: 2877 times

Post by jeremyb »

olegmcnoleg wrote:They are some of the best guitars I've ever come across--and I've come across a lot.
Don't you find it ruins the finish?
You're not a man, you're a gland
You're one big neck with sausage hands

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 557 times

Post by null_pointer »

jeremyb wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:They are some of the best guitars I've ever come across--and I've come across a lot.
Don't you find it ruins the finish?
JB ladies and gentlemen - class of 2018 valedictorian.

Hamishg
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Hamishg »

Excellent thanks! My only concern is that the neck may be very wide as the website says 1 3/4" nut, do you find the neck too big?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5383 times
Been liked: 2877 times

Post by jeremyb »

If he's come across a lot of guitars he may not have a large nut any more, depends how quickly he recharges.
You're not a man, you're a gland
You're one big neck with sausage hands

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Well, I guess I asked for that. Nice one JB. I can attest that the finish is not ruined, and that you are definitely not helping me to sell this guitar ;-)

The string spacing is just a tad wider than you would find on a modern electric guitar, and the same as a finger-style acoustic guitar. Jazz guitarists tend to like that, as it leads to a more precise playing experience. The neck is not deep, so honestly I doubt you would notice it, except it does allow you to play more cleanly, less buzzy notes where your fingers touch a string by mistake. That's the idea anyway. Again, if you are able to try it, that would likely put your mind at rest.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:16 pm I had an expensive weekend, so something has to go. This might be a bit rarified for the NZG palette, but if you are in the market for a roots blues guitar or a a proper jazz guitar, this guitar will do either, depending on the strings you fit.

I discovered Eastman guitars about 2 years ago. You seldom see the really nice ones here in NZ but they are spectacular instruments that are favoured by many top jazz artists. They make their more expensive guitars by hand, using old-fashioned methods and materials. The tops and backs are hand carved, not sawn and/or pressed, they use really thin nitro finishes, they make 3-piece necks with the middle piece running in the opposite direction to the outer two (like Lowden). They use tonewoods you wish Gibson would use. The construction is super thin and resonant, like old Gibsons or Martins. I could go on.

This guitar is an AR 605, with a floating pickup, the 600 and 800 series are the top of the line: the only difference being whether the sides are maple or mahogany. Maple looks more flashy, but mahogany is a better tone choice here.

This specific guitar was featured at the NAMM show in 2008, (Serial #: NAMM 012). Hand carved and voiced, X bracing, solid spruce top, solid, figured mahogany back, sides and neck, bone nut, rosewood bridge, tailpiece and fingerboard, Kent Armstrong Johnnie Smith floating neck pickup professionally installed along with high end pots. Rosewood veneer on headstock, and cool retro gold tuners. Has had a full pro set up, inc fretwork to get the best in terms of playability. Currently set up with flatwounds for jazz, but also excels with acoustic strings for a rootsy, blues sound.

It has a few blemishes in the finish from use, but no other concerns. It is super resonant and it sings and projects exceedingly well. I also have a brass/gold tailpiece that I'll include, for a different vibe and look. Decent hard shell case also included.

Test pilots welcome in Auckland Central.

Cheapest available used on Reverb is $1299 USD. So I think $1,800 NZD is a fair price.

For this week only, yours for $1,500. I'll also include a brass/gold tailpiece so you can see which one you like. The brass one works well for acoustic blues tones I think.

IMOCD
Gibson
Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 137 times

Post by IMOCD »

Ooh..that is purdy. Hmmm....what else can I hock off. :think:

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

And sold. Enjoy :)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 3138 times

Post by Molly »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:16 pm I had an expensive weekend,

bb.JPG
bb.JPG (28.82 KiB) Viewed 527 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1969 times

Post by Slowy »

I'm a recent convert to Eastman guitars. I have another of Oleg's here. He said, "Lets see if we can find a humbucker guitar you like" and the Eastman nailed it.

They're beautifully made, a real sleeper for the future and a reasonably priced premium instrument for the present.
"We were playing so loud that just one note on the guitar was sufficient".
Ritchie Blackmore.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 235 times
Been liked: 770 times

Post by kdawg2a »

20201013_170342.jpg
20201013_170342.jpg (4.84 MiB) Viewed 479 times
20201013_170308.jpg
20201013_170308.jpg (4.58 MiB) Viewed 479 times
I've been plucking away lately on this Eastman F style mandolin and it's an incredible instrument. Their build quality is amazing.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

That is lovely. Where did you get it?

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 235 times
Been liked: 770 times

Post by kdawg2a »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:25 am That is lovely. Where did you get it?
It's my Father in laws. He's looking at buying a Kentucky A model next which are also really cool.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.