Rockshop Albany - High End Guitars taken ...

Post your stolen goods lists here

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Rockshop Albany - High End Guitars taken ...

Post by robthemac »

Molly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:14 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:15 pm Good to hear. If Whangarei's Cali Tweed isn't working on my fourth visit, he might get a call about his.
What's the story with that? You wouldn't want to buy one that'd had to be fixed, eh?

I had that with a Bluesbreaker combo once. After buying it I learned it'd been through the workshop for a repair. The thing never did have the sort of output you'd expect.
Will find out what needed doing. Sounded like a dodgy preamp tube to my ears, but that doesn't explain why it took 3+ months to get it sorted. If it's anything more than replacement of consumables, I'll be wanting a significant discount.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am
Molly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:14 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:15 pm Good to hear. If Whangarei's Cali Tweed isn't working on my fourth visit, he might get a call about his.
What's the story with that? You wouldn't want to buy one that'd had to be fixed, eh?

I had that with a Bluesbreaker combo once. After buying it I learned it'd been through the workshop for a repair. The thing never did have the sort of output you'd expect.
Will find out what needed doing. Sounded like a dodgy preamp tube to my ears, but that doesn't explain why it took 3+ months to get it sorted. If it's anything more than replacement of consumables, I'll be wanting a significant discount.
It's strange when retailers make it hard to deal with them.
I made a special expedition to a retailer yesterday; 2 1/2 hour round trip. Another customer arrived at the same time. The store guy told me not to touch anything then chatted with the other guy for 20 minutes while I waited patiently (timed it). When the other guy left, I was completely ignored which I found myself quite aggrieved by. I timed another 5 minutes then offered the gentleman some uncharacteristically sharp observations of my treatment. :rofl:

All in all, a major disappointment. We could have had ongoing business and he had the perfect amp for my bandmate, but I can get the same level of service online without the inconvenience and parking fees.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:48 am

All in all, a major disappointment. We could have had ongoing business and he had the perfect amp for my bandmate, but I can get the same level of service online without the inconvenience and parking fees.
I've had that. Being left standing there with a pocket full of plastic whist the 'guru' holds court with a bunch of kids; impressing them with his knowledge of all things metal and bragging about his 'endorsement' (free t-shits).

As Oldie discovered just yesterday, you can order from Andertons and have it on your doorstep inside a week.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Molly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:54 am

I've had that. Being left standing there with a pocket full of plastic whist the 'guru' holds court with a bunch of kids; impressing them with his knowledge of all things metal and bragging about his 'endorsement' (free t-shits).

As Oldie discovered just yesterday, you can order from Andertons and have it on your doorstep inside a week.
That would give me t-shits too.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

I want to shout-out Gear4Music too, also from UK. They had my studio monitors here in 4 days.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:21 am

I want to shout-out Gear4Music too, also from UK. They had my studio monitors here in 4 days.
I guess with no passengers on the planes they can fill up all the seats with guitars. ;-)

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Well it was sent by DHL Express. Not sure how many people they carry other than the crew but stranger things have happened.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:39 am Well it was sent by DHL Express. Not sure how many people they carry other than the crew but stranger things have happened.
Lucky it didn't end up with Tom Hanks and that volleyball on that island.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

hamo wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:41 am
NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:39 am Well it was sent by DHL Express. Not sure how many people they carry other than the crew but stranger things have happened.
That'd be my idea of hell. Stuck on an island with one guitar and no means of selling it.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:51 am
hamo wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:41 am
That'd be my idea of hell. Stuck on an island with one guitar and no means of selling it.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

I've been the point of one of those situations. Customer came in and I had another customer who had said he was coming in at 2pm and he did. So I had to leave the other customer with someone else whilst I worked with the guy who had come in specially at 2pm.

The original customer didn't want to talk to my colleague - just wanted to talk to me. So he waited. And when I was finished I went looking for him. Couldn't find him. Looked up his number and rang his mobile to see what he wanted and he said rudely, "Im sitting in the guitars department - you walked past me twice and ignored me". He then got up and walked out of the shop muttering about worst customer service in the world.

As for overseas purchasing ... don't get me started.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

NZRS-Dave wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:59 am I've been the point of one of those situations. Customer came in and I had another customer who had said he was coming in at 2pm and he did. So I had to leave the other customer with someone else whilst I worked with the guy who had come in specially at 2pm.

The original customer didn't want to talk to my colleague - just wanted to talk to me. So he waited. And when I was finished I went looking for him. Couldn't find him. Looked up his number and rang his mobile to see what he wanted and he said rudely, "Im sitting in the guitars department - you walked past me twice and ignored me". He then got up and walked out of the shop muttering about worst customer service in the world.

As for overseas purchasing ... don't get me started.
Yeah, there's two sides. The shop was small so he knew I was there. He said he didn't like to hassle customers which is fair enough, but I think an acknowkedgement when he was free would have been simple courtesy.

Looking at my reaction in retrospect:

I had been looking forward to visiting this shop for a long while.
It was an incredibly inconvenient location from my perspective.
His first words to me were 'Please don't touch anything'.
I quickly identified two modest and one significant purchases.
The other guy was a customer, but for 15 minutes, they were just shooting the breeze while I waited.
I was expecting him to approach me the moment he was finished, but he didn't even look at me.
So a combination of indignation and disappointment means I will never put myself out to return, which is a real pity.
And because I never mentioned the amp I saw there, my bandmate purchased something else this morning.
:(

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:16 pm
His first words to me were 'Please don't touch anything'.
Red rag to a bull. I'd have touched EVERYTHING.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

That sucks, Slowy.

I wasn't meaning to infer that the lack of service was in some way related to you. Apologies.

Having grumpy customer is great training but so frustrated as for many customers - there are other options - people can purchase elsewhere and overseas so we do need to work harder to keep the customers we have.
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Molly wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:22 pm Red rag to a bull. I'd have touched EVERYTHING.
Like you need an invitatiomn, Molly :)

It'd be like "Sir, please don' tou ..." oh you've already fingered the Soldano. Nice.

JB - settle down.