Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Getgood Drums

Post by jeremyb »

Anyone else using this? I just bought the Architects OKW plugin and some grooves, looks perfect for the sorta stuff I wanna do... and way cheaper than EZ Drummer!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hudsonsaul
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Getgood Drums

Post by hudsonsaul »

No but I think I'll give it a go.

I get too burried in parallel compression and the like when using Ezdrummer and SSD, so having something more dumbed down in that department will hopefully make me more efficient with what I want to do.

Admittedly I do enjoy trying to mix and make things sound 'better' but I'll often start that process far to early and get distracted lol.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

The OKW packs are all pre-mixed so should sound great without having to faff about, does mean you have less control than their other packs but meh I just need bang drum sounds!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:27 pm The OKW packs are all pre-mixed so should sound great without having to faff about, does mean you have less control than their other packs but meh I just need bang drum sounds!
I use MT Power Drum Kit which also can be used straight into the mix without fluffing around with filters, etc.
https://www.powerdrumkit.com/
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 242 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I've seen this around but have yet to give it a try. GAS'ing for Superior Drummer, which seems like the ultimate.

The drummer in my band bought a new midi kit recently so gonna hook that into Slate Drums at some point for some fun :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Plini's guitarist does some metals.