jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Re: Guitar related plugins

Post by jeremyb »

codedog wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:31 pm
jeremyb wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:45 pm Strymon has entered the plugin market!

https://www.strymon.net/product/bigsky-plugin/
I gave that a whirl last week. Unfortunately I found it quite underwhelming.
That was exactly the reaction of one of my synth buddies who tried it out, says it doesn't come close to the eventide or other offerings he has used...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:42 pm
codedog wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:31 pm
jeremyb wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:45 pm Strymon has entered the plugin market!

https://www.strymon.net/product/bigsky-plugin/
I gave that a whirl last week. Unfortunately I found it quite underwhelming.
That was exactly the reaction of one of my synth buddies who tried it out, says it doesn't come close to the eventide or other offerings he has used...
Hah! That's what my colleague said too... and he's a synth guy too!

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Mikeincarnate326 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:54 pm I had a go at covering Queens of the Stone Age using the Neural Dsp - Archetype Gojira Plugin. Turned the amp gain way down. Link below if interested cheers

Nice cover! :thumbup:

Mikeincarnate326
Stagg
Stagg
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mikeincarnate326 »

Thanks very much! I just find plugins very convenient and only use my tube amps for fun these days.

On a separate note, has anyone tried any midi compatible plug-ins and set them up so you can change channels in amps or turn on and off delay etc? If so any recommendations on a midi controller

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Thats so sick Mike!

In terms of midi controllers I used an Airstep spark when I had my spark amp but you could get an airstep lite and use midi over bluetooth as a cheap option or the smart model has 5 pin din midi ports and expression inputs too..

https://xsonicaudio.com/pages/airstep *edit* looks like with the dollar being so fucked their prices have gone up heaps, so maybe buy from artist on the link below...

I bought direct from the website but I noticed the other day that artist guitars nz were stocking them too: https://www.artistguitars.co.nz/shop/am ... als/220401
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mikeincarnate326
Stagg
Stagg

Thanks Jeremy! Ah brilliant, cheers for the recommendation, looks like what I'm after. Does it come w a wee USB dongle, like a wireless mouse etc that the airstep communicates with?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mikeincarnate326 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:54 pm Thanks Jeremy! Ah brilliant, cheers for the recommendation, looks like what I'm after. Does it come w a wee USB dongle, like a wireless mouse etc that the airstep communicates with?
I don't believe so but usb bluetooth adaptors are pretty cheap these days, I've got something similar to this: https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/ADPORC ... er-Free-Wi

Maybe my next project once my ABY pedal is done I'll look at the arduino midi integration and build a controller myself....

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Budget option here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004 ... xZuyCfTmBR

Some info on it here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... l.2359833/

I was gonna build something similar but at this price its cheaper than the cost of the parts!

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

Lately, I've switched from NeuralDSP to Audio Assault plugins as my main guitar VST developer.

Currently, Bulldog (VHT Pitbull), AHM 5050 (EVH 5150 III), Hellbeast (Randall Satan and the Fortin Nata), KLANK are discounted to $5 USD.

I own Bulldog, The Crown (Mesa Boogie Triple Crown), Reamp and Duality.

They sound great (as long as you load a good set of IRs), dirt cheap, no iLok funny business, registration is easy and lighter on my CPU than the NeuralDSP stuff.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

jhyang549 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:41 pm Lately, I've switched from NeuralDSP to Audio Assault plugins as my main guitar VST developer.

Currently, Bulldog (VHT Pitbull), AHM 5050 (EVH 5150 III), Hellbeast (Randall Satan and the Fortin Nata), KLANK are discounted to $5 USD.

I own Bulldog, The Crown (Mesa Boogie Triple Crown), Reamp and Duality.

They sound great (as long as you load a good set of IRs), dirt cheap, no iLok funny business, registration is easy and lighter on my CPU than the NeuralDSP stuff.
Good to see you still floating around, Joon!
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Joon or June?
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Jay wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:49 pmJoon or June?
We may have both butchered it. Oh well, I'm glad to see him anyways.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Mikeincarnate326
Stagg
Stagg

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... _form_area

Anybody tried this tonex plugin? Apparently works like a kemper/quad cortex and captures amp tones but in plugin format

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

I've been trying out York Audio cab packs and really happy with how they sound.

If you're looking for some quality impulse responses, try this one. It's based on a Mesa™ horizontal “Rectifier” 2x12 cabinet loaded with English made 70 watt Celestion™ Vintage 30 speakers. This $1 USD version is a lite version (giving 23 IRs instead of 94 IRs) - 18 single mic captures and 5 multi-mic mixes.

I've been using Ownhammer IRs for a long time and I've switched over fully to York Audio. I didn't think that cabinet responses would get better than Ownhammer!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:38 am I've been trying out York Audio cab packs and really happy with how they sound.

If you're looking for some quality impulse responses, try this one. It's based on a Mesa™ horizontal “Rectifier” 2x12 cabinet loaded with English made 70 watt Celestion™ Vintage 30 speakers. This $1 USD version is a lite version (giving 23 IRs instead of 94 IRs) - 18 single mic captures and 5 multi-mic mixes.

I've been using Ownhammer IRs for a long time and I've switched over fully to York Audio. I didn't think that cabinet responses would get better than Ownhammer!
Thank you sir, that will be rather handy!