I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 2 times

Re: I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Post by Tortoose »

Zaulkin wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm It works! :)

I couldn't get it to load .wav files, but .MP3 worked fine.

I've been wanting something like this so thank you. :)
Hi!

The latest update is supporting way more audio formats, .wav *shoud* work depending on the size of the file.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: I built an Android App to create backing tracks, anybody up to give it a try ?

Post by AiRdAd »

I use online services(like probably most people do) and don't have any files of music. How would I use this app without these files? Integration with spotify would be cool - but i suppose that would be an impossibility. How about if the user could put a youtube song link and the app took the audio off it? Probably a major mission to incorporate/ or impossible to do?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

That would be technically quite doable, even pretty easy in the case of YouTube (harder for Spotify and such music services) but legally not authorized by any of these services.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by AiRdAd »

Tortoose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:08 am That would be technically quite doable, even pretty easy in the case of YouTube (harder for Spotify and such music services) but legally not authorized by any of these services.
that's a bummer eh :-(

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Well, that's a good occasion to get back to the "good ol' MP3" with your own perfectly crafted and original collection of music ;-)

I could probably integrate the app with open-source solutions (self hosted with a Raspberry pie or something like that) but that's pretty niche too!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by AiRdAd »

what do other similar apps do to overcome the issue?

is there a link to an app that will convert youtube to mp3 or anything that you can provide users?

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Others will build an app to convert YouTube to MP3, fill it with spyware and ads, publish the app and then wait for a "take down" notice while making money. They do so using false identity or strawman companies to avoid any real legal risk. And then some other guy comes next.

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Another option is to integrate the app with services compatible with a well defined APi, like Subsonic. And then one could search through is catalog, listen "on the go" and process the songs. But no major service provider AFAIK implement such APi as they all want to keep control of the songs.

http://www.subsonic.org/

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 am what do other similar apps do to overcome the issue?

is there a link to an app that will convert youtube to mp3 or anything that you can provide users?
Theres heaps of sites which will download the audio from a youtube video for you :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by AiRdAd »

Tortoose wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 am Others will build an app to convert YouTube to MP3, fill it with spyware and ads, publish the app and then wait for a "take down" notice while making money. They do so using false identity or strawman companies to avoid any real legal risk. And then some other guy comes next.
I mean - the other guitar/music/karaoke etc apps? do they have a solution at all?

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Hi!

It took quite a bit of work, but a new update is currently being deployed \o/
After installation you might have to search a bit for it on your phone as my GF worked on an awesome new icon for it ;-)

Among many other improvements one which has been requested here: the ability to export all the distinct tracks as MP3 files!

The app is free - with in app purchases to be unlock things like "having more songs capacity" or "offline playing".

It's now used every day by hundreds of musicians around the world (that's pretty cool!) and I got some feedback but always looking for more, also reviews on the app store are highly appreciated (especially considering that it's pretty hard to make visible an app on a store like that)

Here is the link if you want to give it a try!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... okemymusic

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

just watched the video and that looks super impressive, well done. I don't have an android device sadly otherwise i'd be all over it
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Tortoose
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Tortoose »

Thanks! In the last few weeks I made sure it worked ok on pretty old phones le tablets (Android 5 minimum). I have an old Amazon fire tablet at home (bought 50$ at that time) and it works ok on it so that's an option. Also I'm in touch with developers who *might" create it for iOS, but that's about 150 hours of work so it will not happen quickly ;-)