Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
Everyones been so busy making stuff I finally got around to building a shelving unit for my closet studio... it is physically in my wardrobe, which is a odd place for it but I don't really have another dedicated space for making music and my amp and guitars are all in our bedroom so it made sense to chuck a desk in my wardrobe so it can all be hidden away and not have to be moved if MIL or FIL come to stay in the spare room...

Next purchase will be some monitors, I now have a bunch of microphones, E945, E906, MXL R144, and green and red 12 gauge mics, a phantom powered mic booster for the R144, A Samson MD1 Pro DI box, my little MPK mini keyboard and a 2 x 2 M-Audio M-Track interface, currently using a cheap sound bar and ATH-M50X's for monitoring, TL;DR, I'm pretty chuffed with the way the shelf turned out, great to be able to slide out the keyboard and interface for easy access!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BY Olderama
Oh what stories you could share with that set up mate
And the UV light would show up a pollock all over the monitor
Nice set up tho very cosy :)
BY Bg
Are you ever going to come out of that closet? Tom...
BY jeremyb
Bg wrote:Are you ever going to come out of that closet? Tom...

I thought I was the only samick in this village???

BY jeremyb
Did a bit of level checking today, using the e906 with my new cab grabber mic stand. I have a full size mic stand I bought ages ago which I was hoping I could use with my ribbon mic to run it in tandem with the sennheiser, however it couldn't go low enough.... so 15 mins with a pipe cutter and a file and I now have a nice low mic stand to use along with the cab grabber :mrgreen: Might get a small desk mount one if I ever get brave enough to sing....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BY jeremyb
Excited! My monitors arrived from STL today, PreSonus Eris e4.5s, perfect fit for my tiny studio setup, sound incredible too!!
BY Bg
jeremyb wrote:Excited! My monitors arrived from STL today, PreSonus Eris e4.5s, perfect fit for my tiny studio setup, sound incredible too!!

You'll be selling them with your mics now because your KOC sounds better :P
BY jeremyb
Bg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Excited! My monitors arrived from STL today, PreSonus Eris e4.5s, perfect fit for my tiny studio setup, sound incredible too!!

You'll be selling them with your mics now because your KOC sounds better :P

Meh, will hang onto them, still useful for recording the AC4 is the spirit takes me :mrgreen:
BY H671
:think: Who's your favourite Band - Queen?
BY jeremyb
H671 wrote::think: Who's your favourite Band - Queen?

Favourite band, wow that would be hard, its probably a toss up between the rolling stones and mogwai :rofl:
BY H671
:clap: :roll:
BY jeremyb
Updated piccer!
BY jeremyb
codedog wrote:Do you wear different pair of shoes for different types of recording? Are those genre specific?

Great question! Yes the Jordans along the top are for when I'm doing Gangsta Rap, Trap, or Hip Hop, the bottom row are for NWOBHM, Metal Core, and Post Rock!