Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY dayl
That is fucking cool!

...will have to come back to it as I just woke the sleeping babies :|
BY Darth Sabbathi
There certainly were: Satanist, Dirty Tree, Russian Doom Machine (bass) and the Fury.

Dirty Tree was my fav - that thing is amazing. And the Satanist is utterly mental.
BY griff7628
Yeah I'm probably gonna get me one on his next run.

Just purchased a copy of the album. Look forward to a listen while I'm getting the cows in. Che che!
BY Terexgeek
Who did the artwork? It's very cool, Sci-Fi gothic? Very cool album.

The art work reminds me of a book that kicked around a few School libraries I remember way back when, it was all crashed spacecraft. For some reason it creeped the fuck out of me, in that good page turning way!
BY hamo
Terexgeek wrote:Who did the artwork? It's very cool, Sci-Fi gothic? Very cool album.

The art work reminds me of a book that kicked around a few School libraries I remember way back when, it was all crashed spacecraft. For some reason it creeped the fuck out of me, in that good page turning way!

I wonder if it's the same one I'm thinking of? I remember it not having a super-coherent feel, like they'd got a bunch of images from different artists and then tried to build a story around them.
BY Terexgeek
hamo wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:Who did the artwork? It's very cool, Sci-Fi gothic? Very cool album.

I wonder if it's the same one I'm thinking of? I remember it not having a super-coherent feel, like they'd got a bunch of images from different artists and then tried to build a story around them.

Sounds like it, the text was deeply unsatisfying so I just enjoyed the graphics.
BY MattH
Darth Sabbathi wrote:My band did a thing!

https://planetofthedead.bandcamp.com/album/fear-of-a-dead-planet

We'll chuck it on Spotify eventually, but it cost a whole lot of money, so any contributions greatly appeciated!

Warning, it is heavy and primitive. If you're looking for impressive guitar playing, this isn't that!

Hey bro. Excellent work!

Big respect - you made something with friends and you had the courage to release it into the wild. I commend you for that.
BY hamo
This album is rad, as expected. I actually got a bit of a Ministry vibe off a couple of the tracks.
BY Danger Mouse
hamo wrote:This album is rad, as expected. I actually got a bit of a Ministry vibe off a couple of the tracks.

Yes just had a brief skim listen so far, but what I've heard is excellent.
BY hellblazer
Terexgeek wrote:
hamo wrote:

Sounds like it, the text was deeply unsatisfying so I just enjoyed the graphics.

This one; I think It’s a role playing sourcebook? so the content is just primers to get your own stories going.

90584267-3D36-4388-AA4B-687BB63FC42A.jpeg

We were unpacking our bookshelves at the weekend actually and when we were putting that one back my flatmate commented that more doom bands should be using that Ralph McQuarrie sci-fi style in their art! Haha

Will give a listen after work tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BY hamo
hellblazer wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
hamo wrote:

This one? It’s a role playing sourcebook, so the content is just primers to get your own stories going.

90584267-3D36-4388-AA4B-687BB63FC42A.jpeg

We were unpacking our bookshelves at the weekend actually and when we were putting that one back my flatmate commented that more doom bands should be using that Ralph McQuarrie sci-fi style in their art! Haha

Will give a listen after work tonight.

I found that one in my Googling, it's not the one I was thinking of, but I suspect you're right about it being the one Terexgeek mentioned.

I'll see if I can find the one I meant, but I can't for the life of me remember the title, and it was pretty generic if I recall.
BY sty
That's really good. Not usually my cup of tea but it steers just the right side of heavy for me :)

The artwork is awesome, reminds me of some very old Eddie Jones stuff, he illustrated books in the 60s and 70s, except he didn't do figures this good.

I once wrote an appallingly bad computer game that was released with some of his artwork.