Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Re: Studio Build 2019. Grange Studio v2.0

Post by SimonHirst »

rickenbackerkid wrote:look amazing!
Cheers man! Obviously you’re welcome to come and have a look next time you’re in town :thumbup: Would be great to catch up properly!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Interesting thread.

On one of the Foo Fighters' DVDs they visit a guy that built a studio with a small acoustic gap to the room below intended to double the volume of the space being used (I'm not describing this well because I don't really understand it...). All sorts of theories and ideas out there I guess.

Pete Thorn recently released a YT video on his new build. That made for interesting viewing too.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Cheers Molly.

Yeah, I’ve watched PT’s one and numerous others too! It’s always interesting seeing how others have gone about it. Basically the design we’re using is a sort of amalgamation of common ideas, and then ideas we’ve sort of thrown around over the years from a couple of previous builds we’ve done.

I almost finished insulating today and I’m becoming really curious as to how well sound proofed it’s going to be. I think if we can keep our build consistency good then it should be pretty isolated. Time will tell, but I must admit that the idea of being able to wind up amps for recording puts a smile on my face :thumbup:

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Here's a photo of the progress with the framing from earlier last week. We're starting to line the walls with the first layer of Gib tomorrow :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

From that ^ to this. Two layers of Braceline/Noise Gib on the ceiling last night and I started putting up the first wall layer this morning. Unfortunately I have to wait to finish the other two walls because we have to build the timber window and door frames first. And I am frustratingly just short of having enough insulation. However, I figure I'll use what's left of the next bag to help make some bass traps so there's a silver lining :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.