Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 91 times

Help me!!! Please :)

Post by Kloppsta »

Hey guys,

Are there any lyricist’s and melody writers in the house?!

Long story short, i wrote this song about 17 years ago (fek im getting old!).

I came across an old band practice recording of it the other day and got inspired to record it “properly” and add some production.

So its now complete with totally unnecessary and gratuitous long winded intro and guitar “solo” that do nothing for the actual song but where fun to record nonetheless! Haha

The original vocal melody and lyrics I wrote haven’t aged well, lets just put it that way. I dont want to use them and tried coming up with new lyrics but i just keep getting stuck because i cant unhear the original in my head!

Im wondering if anyone would be keen to have a crack at coming up with a vocal melody and lyrics? Ill sing but of course would give full credit to the lyric/melody writer :)

Just thought it could be a cool way to collaborate with someone and get a totally unique and new perspective for the vocals.

Here’s a link to the song - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JpqKIC ... sp=sharing

Please excuse the rough mix. I just did a quick run through and threw a limiter on the master which is brick walling the fek out of it! Haha, wont stay like this for the final mix 👍

Anyone keen? Cheers!
Last edited by Kloppsta on Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little by little, by hook or by crook

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Help me!!! Please :)

Post by chrisz »

Nice. Lyrics? you don't necessarily need lyrics. Its a perfect instrumental. Perfect intro or finish or somewhere between for your gigs

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

chrisz wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:24 pm Nice. Lyrics? you don't necessarily need lyrics. Its a perfect instrumental. Perfect intro or finish or somewhere between for your gigs
thanks bro! I hear what you're saying but I wrote the song with lyrics and leaving it instrumental would just feel "unfinished" to me.
I haven't played in a band for a few years now and I haven't played gigs for about 15 years so no need for gig filler :)
I do this home recording stuff for fun :thumbup:

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by chrisz »

Fair. Maybe someone can help you modify the lyrics, even just a good friend. Good luck.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

I listened to it and I think I know where the intro ends and the 1st verse starts. This is then followed by a chorus followed by 2nd verse. Is this correct? Perhaps you can provide timeline if I am wrong...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

Jay wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:55 pm I listened to it and I think I know where the intro ends and the 1st verse starts. This is then followed by a chorus followed by 2nd verse. Is this correct? Perhaps you can provide timeline if I am wrong...
lol yeah, would help if I provided that aye! sorry. here's were the original vocals kicked in etc:

2:04 - verse 1 starts
2:22 - chorus 1 starts
3:10 - verse 2 starts
3:47 - chorus 2 starts
4:58 - short "v3/c3/refrain" before solo starts

Its a bit of a weird structure in that the verse riff ends out the song, not the chorus. Also it didn't originally have a "3rd" chorus in full vocals wise.
I just sang "xx xxxx xxxx xxxx, xxx xxx xx" x2 (the xx's represent the number of words I sang) when the guitars come back in after the drums + bass breakdown and then the solo starts and takes the song to the end.

If you want I could hum the original vocal melody over it but didn't want to include it at first in case it messed with people's first reaction. Keen to see what SWIM would come up with! :)
Last edited by Kloppsta on Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

do you have lyrics anywhere?

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

NippleWrestler wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:33 pm do you have lyrics anywhere?
Yip, got the original lyrics and melody but they are embarrassing! Haha I didn’t include them because I thought someone who was keen/inspired to write lyrics for the music wouldn’t want to hear a “previous” version. Thats the issue i have - i cant seem to write new lyrics because my brain cant un hear the original ones and it doesn’t flow the same when i try new words if that makes sense

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

"Burning, looting, raping, and a shooting" REPEAT.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kloppsta
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kloppsta »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:57 pm "Burning, looting, raping, and a shooting" REPEAT.
nah, too deep & emotional bro. want something more fluffy like - "Unicorns, rainbows, ice cream and cake. Give me some of these and lets swim in a lake" ya'know - that sorta vibe ;-)