meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Re: number 28

Post by Lawrence »

[/quote]

Nice. Any sanding between coats, etc?

I didn't answer this...
I apply the oil with 00 artificial steel wool.Its effectively flattening and partially grain filling as it goes.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Number 28 has left the building.

Its on its way to a new home in Tauranga. Not a forum member but still someone who will adopt her and give her a good home.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

How many are you selling are all these $ down custom builds?

What I love about your builds is you are not relying on paint to be the focus, you use so many different facets to your art, I find that quite inspiring.

I love crackle paint and glow on off neon klll switches and all that shreddery stuff, but I really enjoy unusual pickups and compoents and necks, seeing a neck through naked instead of painted, with skunk stripes etc, a love all that stuff.

Do you have a website for your stuff? Would be cool to see you do a build video ocassionally.

We have it a bit unfair with our customer base in NZ, do you think there is any way to combat that?

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Dibs! My single pup needs a sibling.

My Arps has recently become my go to electric.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

Slowy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:03 am My Arps has recently become my go to electric.
Ditto to that... at least until I get another LP :D
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Lawrence wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:20 pm Number 28 has left the building.

Its on its way to a new home in Tauranga. Not a forum member but still someone who will adopt her and give her a good home.
Crap! :(
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I took the finish off the back of the neck on mine and gave it an oiling and its fantastic, its a perfect size for noodling at my desk :) Very happy :D

Now if I could find someplace that does lighter steinberger springs, I'd be as happy as a pig in shit.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Gitar wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:13 pm How many are you selling are all these $ down custom builds?

What I love about your builds is you are not relying on paint to be the focus, you use so many different facets to your art, I find that quite inspiring.

I love crackle paint and glow on off neon klll switches and all that shreddery stuff, but I really enjoy unusual pickups and compoents and necks, seeing a neck through naked instead of painted, with skunk stripes etc, a love all that stuff.

Do you have a website for your stuff? Would be cool to see you do a build video ocassionally.

We have it a bit unfair with our customer base in NZ, do you think there is any way to combat that?
I primarily build for the simple joy of doing it. I have given away a few instruments and sold about 6 so far.

The thing with building on commission is that you have to have skills up to a point were everything is predictable. This is my main reason for not being into that yet.
for example, I am still perfecting my neck carving and I don't always end up with the same profile. Its always feels "good" , but not identical. This may be an issue if I was more commercially oriented.

Its the same with finish...

The other point is guarantee and warranty. I don't want to be caught up in any sort of issue that happens 11 months after I sell an instrument. The ones I have sold are always sold as "second hand as is" even if they are pretty much just finished.

Running a business on this may take the thrill away....so I build for me. If others like it that's a bonus.

that said there will be more for sale!

Thanks for your compliments.
GrantB wrote:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Lawrence wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:06 am
I primarily build for the simple joy of doing it. I have given away a few instruments and sold about 6 so far.

The thing with building on commission is that you have to have skills up to a point were everything is predictable. This is my main reason for not being into that yet.
for example, I am still perfecting my neck carving and I don't always end up with the same profile. Its always feels "good" , but not identical. This may be an issue if I was more commercially oriented.

Its the same with finish...

The other point is guarantee and warranty. I don't want to be caught up in any sort of issue that happens 11 months after I sell an instrument. The ones I have sold are always sold as "second hand as is" even if they are pretty much just finished.

Running a business on this may take the thrill away....so I build for me. If others like it that's a bonus.

that said there will be more for sale!

As the Good Captain Black says, "Not looking for perfection, looking for awesome!"

I really could have gone for #28. Lawrence, any time you have something you want to move with single coils and no Steinburger stuff, PM me please. And if you cocked up the neck profile and it ended up too big, even better! :D

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

any time you have something you want to move without single coils and Steinberger stuff, PM me please. Keep doing the smaller neck profiles ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Gitar
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Gitar »

Gotta get behind the work you enjoy viewing :-)

Necks for me are scary.

I presume commercial necks are CNC cut? The full factory tour of Kiesel on youtube is quite interesting. Would be nice if you could pause it and ask them questions haha.

Thats a great way to sell them, "as new but used". I think that is fair enough. Ive never had to claim a warranty on any guitar, I imagine it usually occurs early on.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Gitar wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:43 pm
Gotta get behind the work you enjoy viewing :-)

Necks for me are scary.

I presume commercial necks are CNC cut? The full factory tour of Kiesel on youtube is quite interesting. Would be nice if you could pause it and ask them questions haha.

Thats a great way to sell them, "as new but used". I think that is fair enough. Ive never had to claim a warranty on any guitar, I imagine it usually occurs early on.
How about on shipping?

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Bg wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:57 pm
How about on shipping?
Que?
GrantB wrote:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Lawrence wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:01 pm
Bg wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:57 pm
How about on shipping?
Que?
sorry, not a question for you lozza :)

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

BTW

My best mate from hamilton started talking about wanting a natural strat....showed me a pic of an American pro in natiural.
WE talked and decided I would do a partscater for him.
I thought (still think) I could put something together that ended uop classier / cheaper than the $3000+ strat.

I have bought a Crimson Guitars strat body and neck....(the neck and FB is baked maple) and I have sourced everything else. I intend finessing the body carve, and oiling the finish etc and hopefully will deliver something excellent for less money.
Stay tuned.
GrantB wrote: