Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Re: NBSD

Post by Lawrence »

clubhouse wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:42 pm Nice weapon! :clap:

Do you intend to resaw rough stock down to dimension sizes or mostly use for shaping already dimensioned timber? What's the max cutting throat depth?

Does the blade track well...interested in the guide set-up and tracking especially through dense timber stock. The dust extractor behind it looks more than capable of keeping up...do you think you could get away with a heavy duty shop vac for the same purpose?

Great set-up! I love tools. Yeah, man...a review would be cool. :thumbup:
sheesh,...this has got the questions coming!

I don't buy billets or logs...mainly cos I don't have a source. I do buy planks for bodies and join them etc. Tops are often already thicknessed and just need joining. The throat is 300mm which is too short for dimensioning a plank and I don't have a table saw so its skilsaw time!

Ill report on the tracking ect once Ive had some time with it.

I mainly used my vac on the little ryobi as it had a 50mm vent...this has the 100mm one so Ill use the big extractor. The Extractor is a bit over he top, but Im working in an attached garage and its also the laundry so I had to go the extra mile to keep things clean.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.