Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

MJT bodies

Post by jeremyb »

Looking at one of these on ebay, those who have bought them... what have you ended up paying? Dunno if I can be bothered waiting 3 months for one and this one is pretty much perfect...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: MJT bodies

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:52 pm Looking at one of these on ebay, those who have bought them... what have you ended up paying? Dunno if I can be bothered waiting 3 months for one and this one is pretty much perfect...
No issues with MJT stuff.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

I've had a couple. I think I landed one for about $300 and the other for about $350, but that was when the dollar was way better, shipping was cheaper, and eBay wasn't collecting GST. I would think you'd be closer to $500 or $600 these days — even the really ugly ones seem to go for a lot. Use an auction sniper and you might get a deal, but I suspect it will have gone beyond 'deal' territory before you can snipe it.

standardfour
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by standardfour »

jeremyb wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:52 pm Looking at one of these on ebay, those who have bought them... what have you ended up paying? Dunno if I can be bothered waiting 3 months for one and this one is pretty much perfect...
I’m watching this Shoreline Gold Strat body myself, I probably can’t afford it and won’t be placing a bid but I wonder if you could save some bucks if 2-3 of us combined orders? I’d like to build a Jazzmaster sometime and quite like the MJT offerings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393496031462

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

I got an MJT Jazzmaster body a number of years back. Proper glassy nitro finish. Relic was pretty intense but still looked great. Wasn't cheap though. But to be fair a proper nitro finish on a body is going to cost $$ - let alone the wood and finishing etc
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

standardfour
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by standardfour »

Which colour did you go Grant? Anything exotic?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

standardfour wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:56 pm Which colour did you go Grant? Anything exotic?
It was a white colour, not yellowed so much, but heavy checking. Maybe the current owner can share a pic?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves