jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Girls can build guitars too!

Post by jeremyb »

Nice work here!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Re: Girls can build guitars too!

Post by rickenbackerkid »

great looking guitar - cool to see a new shape that is actually appealing!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:Nice work here!

My Mrs knows naught of the world of spanners and saws. This gives her unrealistic expectations of me. "Can we move that door a few inches?" No. No we fuckin' can't.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
My Mrs knows naught of the world of spanners and saws. This gives her unrealistic expectations of me. "Can we move that door a few inches?" No. No we fuckin' can't.
Correct. You can never move a door a few inches except on the plan. Tell her from me.

Actually, you can, but she'll be hysterical at the cost.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

https://www.pinterest.nz/luthiersmercan ... -luthiers/

Hell yes! As I have previously stated, my immediate Lotto guitar purchase would be the work of Linda Manzer.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

jeremyb wrote:Nice work here!
Except she put a Gibson style tilt neck on a slab body and encountered all the inevitable problems.

ChAoZ
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 291 times

Post by ChAoZ »

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:
Correct. You can never move a door a few inches except on the plan. Tell her from me.

How hard is it to flip the direction of a ranch slider?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:

Remove ranch slider from wall. Install new ranch slider opening in the preferred direction.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote:
hamo wrote:
Slowy wrote: Correct. You can never move a door a few inches except on the plan. Tell her from me.

Remove ranch slider from wall. Install new ranch slider opening in the preferred direction.
Yeah I don't think you can reverse them, all the inside bits would end up on the outside :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:
Slowy wrote:
hamo wrote:
Yeah I don't think you can reverse them, all the inside bits would end up on the outside :(
It's the one thing we didn't think of when we built the place, in the bedroom we've got a ranch slider and a big window. The slider goes left to right so that it ends up over the inside of the fixed pane when it's open, and the missus wants it the other way. We've just lived with it, it's such a small thing, but I was curious as to how hard it would be to reverse. I'm assuming the whole frame would need to come out and a new one with the track in the right place would have to go in.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

The reason they do that is people often have a window in the fixed pain, we do in both ours, and if you have it going over the outside of it you can't open the door when the windows open ;)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

jeremyb wrote:The reason they do that is people often have a window in the fixed pain, we do in both ours, and if you have it going over the outside of it you can't open the door when the windows open ;)
We've got this in the lounge, but in the bedroom it's a fixed pane. We just want it to open right to left, but it's a big job for a small issue.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

hamo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:The reason they do that is people often have a window in the fixed pain, we do in both ours, and if you have it going over the outside of it you can't open the door when the windows open ;)
We've got this in the lounge, but in the bedroom it's a fixed pane. We just want it to open right to left, but it's a big job for a small issue.
Would be worth talking to the aluminium window place that did your house, they might be able to re-jig the frames?

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

having it outside might make it easier to remove from the outside? strikes me as being less secure.