Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: Girls can build guitars too!

Post by Slowy »

jimi wrote:having it outside might make it easier to remove from the outside? strikes me as being less secure.
No, it can’t be turned around. It’s a scrap and start again proposition. And if the gib is recessed into the jambs, you have to strip and re -line the wall as well. Some jobs are many times worse than the problem they solve.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

jimi wrote:having it outside might make it easier to remove from the outside? strikes me as being less secure.
I think I've just explained it badly. It's fine being on the inside, we just want to swap them so the door slides from right (closed) to left, rather than left to right as it is now.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote:
I think I've just explained it badly. It's fine being on the inside, we just want to swap them so the door slides from right (closed) to left, rather than left to right as it is now.
See my post above Hamo.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Only here could a thread about a woman making a guitar end up as a discussion on ranch slider replacement... WTF
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 239 times
Been liked: 1041 times

Post by kdawg2a »

jeremyb wrote:Only here could a thread about a woman making a guitar end up as a discussion on ranch slider replacement... WTF
I gotta say, the ranch slider chat has been a real turn on for me....
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Only here could a thread about a woman making a guitar end up as a discussion on ranch slider replacement... WTF
I gotta say, the ranch slider chat has been a real turn on for me....
Why don't you tell me what you're wearing right now?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

Slowy wrote:
hamo wrote:
See my post above Hamo.
That lays it out pretty well, cheers. Not the sort of thing to do on a whim.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

hamo wrote:
Slowy wrote:
hamo wrote:
See my post above Hamo.
That lays it out pretty well, cheers. Not the sort of thing to do on a whim.
Zackly.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Yeah, it's amazing what we'll do to avoid acoustic guitars.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

Makes a change from every third or fourth thread becoming another Petrol Head thread... :shifty:

I think the guitar looks great. An oceany finish I can totally get on board with. Kid's got a pretty cool mum, and even if the neck/playability is not perfect it seems like a guitar he'll want to hang onto for the rest of his life. :thumbup:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Because if you're down the pub with your mates and there's fifteen of you sat around a table the conversation is likely to go all over the place.

I liked the matter-of-fact way she went about the build. She didn't seem to overthink it but just worked around the problems as they came up. Wouldn't have occurred to me to avoid drilling the output socket hole too early so as to avoid the router bit dropping in the hole and fucking things up. Pity about the neck being unsuitable for that body.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
Because if you're down the pub with your mates and there's fifteen of you sat around a table the conversation is likely to go all over the place.

I liked the matter-of-fact way she went about the build. She didn't seem to overthink it but just worked around the problems as they came up. Wouldn't have occurred to me to avoid drilling the output socket hole too early so as to avoid the router bit dropping in the hole and fucking things up. Pity about the neck being unsuitable for that body.
Have to admit, she was my kind of girl. Wonder if she rides enduro MTB? :think:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:

Have to admit, she was my kind of girl. Wonder if she rides enduro MTB? :think:
If she can also handle a welder she's a dream come true.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

She can carve up my wood any day!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

i heard SODDER and couldn't concentrate after that.They still spell it "solder" right? Its almost as grating as An-art-ica.That aside,it was pretty cool and was jealous of all those flash tools