Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Number 22

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:So, after 22 builds, what have you learned? Pearls of wisdom please :)

I learned last week to actually refer back to my wonderfully produced Autocad drawing of the cab I was building.

I only wish I'd done that before I'd glued everything up, routed everything and glued the tolex on...

I've dropped some bollocks in my lifetime but this was a beauty :D

Cheap head cab that doesn't quite fit a Marshall DLS40C is available for purchase :D Of course now I have to wait for apres shutdown to get new materials...
Can you flick dimensions? Wondering if my Bassman clone would fit.
Its similar to this but a little bit narrower, I'll measure up later if you still want.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:So, after 22 builds, what have you learned? Pearls of wisdom please :)

I learned last week to actually refer back to my wonderfully produced Autocad drawing of the cab I was building.

I only wish I'd done that before I'd glued everything up, routed everything and glued the tolex on...

I've dropped some bollocks in my lifetime but this was a beauty :D

Cheap head cab that doesn't quite fit a Marshall DLS40C is available for purchase :D Of course now I have to wait for apres shutdown to get new materials...
Can you flick dimensions? Wondering if my Bassman clone would fit.
Its similar to this but a little bit narrower, I'll measure up later if you still want.
I had a look at a DLS40. As a head cab it might work. I can measure my amp if that's easier.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I can measure it up later, I just haven't been down to the workshop yet... I've also got a tweed deluxe headcab with blonde grille cloth if thats better.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

doh I forgot to add the link further up.... https://www.stagecraftgear.com/product/dsl-rack-head/

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

So to answer the question: This is the guitar that inspired the shape used for Number 16 and Number 22.

I so wanted one of these in 1974....and I still do. Especially the very rare sunburst version.
lf.jpg
lf.jpg (40.49 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.