telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Where do you get bodies?

Post by telefiend »

Thinking about sourcing a new body for my tele partscaster. Current one is a little on the heavy side for me.

I've had a poke around a couple of places - Warmouth and Guitarfetish - but does anyone have any hot tips? Anything local? I bought a nice korina strat body from Ash years ago, but I understand he's no longer building.

Preferably after something finished, possibly nitro, but I know that pushes the price up.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Where do you get bodies?

Post by jeremyb »

Quite a few forum members have bodies from these guys: https://www.mjtagedfinishes.com/ they do awesome work!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

jeremyb wrote:Quite a few forum members have bodies from these guys: https://www.mjtagedfinishes.com/ they do awesome work!
They're awesome bodies, but it they can get pricey pretty quickly, with exchange rate, and once you ship and pay taxes etc. Especially if you want one with a cool finish, as those ones get bid up higher
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

I was going to say hitchhikers, the homeless and the publicly inebriated...oh GUITAR bodies...erm broken "parts donor" instruments.
Tin arse!!

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by telefiend »

AiRdAd wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Quite a few forum members have bodies from these guys: https://www.mjtagedfinishes.com/ they do awesome work!
They're awesome bodies, but it they can get pricey pretty quickly, with exchange rate, and once you ship and pay taxes etc. Especially if you want one with a cool finish, as those ones get bid up higher
They do look nice. Hmm. I figure if I'm going to replace the one I have, which my only problem with is it's slight beefiness, I may as well get something nice. Thanks for the link :thumbup:

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by telefiend »

Terexgeek wrote:I was going to say hitchhikers, the homeless and the publicly inebriated...oh GUITAR bodies...erm broken "parts donor" instruments.
Yeah good call, have been keeping an eye out. And also for donor guitars.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote:
You won't have to pay GST on it now though, they won't hit the $60k selling into NZ limit and as long as it's under $1k you won't get charged at customs ;)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 597 times

Post by Starfire »

telefiend wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:
They do look nice. Hmm. I figure if I'm going to replace the one I have, which my only problem with is it's slight beefiness, I may as well get something nice. Thanks for the link :thumbup:
Keep an eye on their ebay auctions—can sometimes get a bargain, though you might have to wait for a body in the finish/level of relic you want to come up.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Lol Terex beat me to it, but I was going to start with 'When Mummy and Daddy really, really love each other...'

Hollowpoint
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Hollowpoint »

Anyone tried guitarbuild.co.uk?

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1071 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Why not try make your own? It's seriously easy for fender styles, especially teles which are mostly a slab.

Then you can be assured of the weight, grain pattern, whatever else.

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by telefiend »

NippleWrestler wrote:Why not try make your own? It's seriously easy for fender styles, especially teles which are mostly a slab.

Then you can be assured of the weight, grain pattern, whatever else.
I'm pretty hamfisted at that sort of thing and really don't have the time. But yeah, it would be a smart way to go.