Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Kev77
Builder friend in Blenheim that hand builds amazing original and replica designs.
https://www.solaceinstruments.co.nz/portfolio.html
He’s currently working on my p/Laklnd style bass. I thought I’d share some of his wares.
He makes it all himself, carves and sources timbers.

And he’s currently carving a les paul
BY Kev77
Not sure, I think he sells directly. And through a shop, maybe the Rockshop in Blenheim.
BY Reg18
Kev77 wrote:He’s just a monster talented guy.

I know him and he’s a great guy. He’s the principal of a School I do photos at and every year he shows me his latest project so I’ve played a few of his creations.
Not sure how he gets time to do all this and be a principal but he seems to churn a few out every year.
BY Kev77
Totally, he’s the real deal.
He’s got mad skills. I’m saving my pennies atm, maybe a lil hollow Gem like this....

This is amazing work. He has some great skills and a good eye for aesthetics as well on the carves. And yes at that price, I'd guess its a steal for a hand crafted "one-of-a-kind" instrument. The hourly wage for something like this will be very low!
Wow! These look amazing. Price is cheap for custom made. He must be amazing time manager to do this on top
of a principal’s job.
BY Molly
Reg18 wrote:
Kev77 wrote:He’s just a monster talented guy.

I know him and he’s a great guy. He’s the principal of a School I do photos at and every year he shows me his latest project so I’ve played a few of his creations.
Not sure how he gets time to do all this and be a principal but he seems to churn a few out every year.

Thought I recognised the name. He was featured in The Shed magazine a few months ago. Has a coastal place he retreats to to work on his guitars I believe. Showed him getting his kids involved. It seemed the most idyllic life (though the guitar building probably provides some stress relief from his job). I wonder if he needs a new Head of Technology... :-)