Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: What's on your work bench?

Post by Bg »

Thin CA is available in model shops, its fucking great stuff!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Route out the cracks even more and turn it into one of those epoxy filled table top things?!??!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 pm Route out the cracks even more and turn it into one of those epoxy filled table top things?!??!
Like it's made of 400 trillion year old swamp Kauri like a Langcaster!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Working on 3 amps at the same time. Will most likely finish it mid April.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Quick poll: which pink for a Shell Pink Strat? I'm going for a NOS look rather than faded / aged / yellowing. I think Pleasing Pink. Or maybe Cradle Pink. Or is it Kendall Rose?

https://www.ppgpaints.com/color/color-families/pinks
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

robthemac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:56 am Quick poll: which pink for a Shell Pink Strat? I'm going for a NOS look rather than faded / aged / yellowing. I think Pleasing Pink. Or maybe Cradle Pink. Or is it Kendall Rose?

I believe the original pink that Fender used in the 60s was quite bright. You only see yellowed/faded versions of it around now of course. So NOS might be a bit more vivid, if that is what you want.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:00 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:56 am Quick poll: which pink for a Shell Pink Strat? I'm going for a NOS look rather than faded / aged / yellowing. I think Pleasing Pink. Or maybe Cradle Pink. Or is it Kendall Rose?

I believe the original pink that Fender used in the 60s was quite bright. You only see yellowed/faded versions of it around now of course. So NOS might be a bit more vivid, if that is what you want.
Yeah I'm leaning on the more vivid side of things. Pleasing Pink is the closest that I can find to the 1960s Dupont colour Shell Pink.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

robthemac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:04 am

Yeah I'm leaning on the more vivid side of things. Pleasing Pink is the closest that I can find to the 1960s Dupont colour Shell Pink.
I like it.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:22 am
robthemac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:04 am

I like it.
Same. Unfortunately my paint supplier has a more limited selection. The vivid pinks are reeeeally vivid. Have gone for a more pale option, close to what Fender Custom Shop are using at the moment for their reliced instruments.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

They all look like calamine lotion to me.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:26 am

Could just apply a thin layer of calamine lotion and then spray clear nitro over top?

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I have an mjt Strat body that I got off the forum. Finished in a pink closer to the original DuPont. I’ve been aging it in the sun for the last two years to tone it down. Almost there...

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:33 am I have an mjt Strat body that I got off the forum. Finished in a pink closer to the original DuPont. I’ve been aging it in the sun for the last two years to tone it down. Almost there...
Yeah my recent blue Tele Partscaster has spent many summer afternoon lounging in the sun. No change yet...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

robthemac wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:30 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:26 am

Could just apply a thin layer of calamine lotion and then spray clear nitro over top?
Should get nicely crusty really quick.

I consider myself to be secure and comfortable in my skin, but I have this totally irrational aversion to pink. The only way I can deal with it on Fenders is to convince myself it's faded red. :crazy: :lol:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Both of these are entirely suitable for a Tele Swift :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.