Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Re: Dayl's Thread of Rg Ressurection

Post by Bg »

yeah, thats what I'm talking about... Normally the cable comes out of the top on the pickup, and there isn't a nice handy cavity behind it for the cable to run into - and unless you dismantle the plastic plug, you need to drill about a 13 mm hole for it to go through the body ;) Doesn't matter with a strat as all the gubbins goes under the pickguard.

So what I did with mine was mount it upside down so that the cable comes from the bottom, with the control cavity behind it. You can take the plug off the end by lifting the little plastic tabs holding each pin in position - this means you can drill a much smaller hole (6mm as far as I remember).

Problem being now that the 'brain' thinks that 6th string is 1st string etc. So you need to put the pins back into the plug in a different order so they all match up to the right pole pieces. Get what I'm saying?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 406 times

Post by dayl »

Yes!, it took a bit though :D thats making sense... thats pretty fkn tricky thinking there. As the plan stands, I'll be using a PG so it should work out.

How close to the strings do yours sit? do you think I could get away with under the PG like the fenders or on top?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

dayl wrote:Yes!, it took a bit though :D thats making sense... thats pretty fkn tricky thinking there. As the plan stands, I'll be using a PG so it should work out.

How close to the strings do yours sit? do you think I could get away with under the PG like the fenders or on top?
I've got mine as close as possible without them actually rubbing on the strings, only way I seem to get decent sensitivity on all strings. Played around with the heights quite a bit and this seems to work best for me. On my Steiny I'm also running a standard set of 9's but I've got an 11 on the high E - so there is an 11 on top and 2nd string, the extra 2 thou seems to make a difference too.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

Sweet. Cheers for that. It looks like it may have to be on top of the PG then. I was thinking that I may have to go back to Jazz lights or Med to get it tracking right. I think I better make some PG-String measurments tonight to suss it out.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

dayl wrote:Sweet. Cheers for that. It looks like it may have to be on top of the PG then. I was thinking that I may have to go back to Jazz lights or Med to get it tracking right. I think I better make some PG-String measurments tonight to suss it out.
Its worth playing around with different guages, it just seems to work best with 11's on mine - I only have 9's though ;) so banged a spare 11 on :) It definitely tracks best on the steiny, not as good on the Ash or Hohner bat (though I really need to go through the same exercise with that, setting the action perfectly to match the hex pup.)

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

Heares a pic of the 550's trem cav, hence the reason I ended up going hardtail... I was planning on having one Floyd gat but with all my craftyness, I couldnt think of this ever being good to swingon again.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Yikes!!! She's had a hard life!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

jeremyb wrote:Yikes!!! She's had a hard life!
Yeah mate, big time. A lot of good years ahead now though. I'll be posting before and after pics when she's done which should be a bit of a jaw dropper, same with the others.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

God.....

I got so side tracked.........

Next year is on

badmotor
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by badmotor »

Official Dredge. 8)
:lol:
Hot_Grits wrote:Someone should print this thread out and hang it in an art gallery.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Is it worth it with all that damage? RG bodies are fairly easy to get. :idea:
Make it into "Dayl's Thread Of RG Cremation" :mrgreen:

Perhaps it can be fixed, i dunno shit :lol:

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

Aquila Rosso wrote:Is it worth it with all that damage? RG bodies are fairly easy to get. :idea:

Haha, yeah mate, light years ahead of you with regards to getting another RG body. My parts ledger is in the green. After buying / trading / parting out etc, both of those bodies were practically free 8) Heh its all good, they have been saved (see prev page) and are sitting at home, primed and ready to go.
badmotor wrote:Official Dredge. 8)
:lol:
:lol: yup, its official

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

dayl wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote:Is it worth it with all that damage? RG bodies are fairly easy to get. :idea:

Haha, yeah mate, light years ahead of you with regards to getting another RG body. My parts ledger is in the green. After buying / trading / parting out etc, both of those bodies were practically free 8) Heh its all good, they have been saved (see prev page) and are sitting at home, primed and ready to go.
Fixing them up saves chopping down on trees I suppose :lol:
Good to see you doing your bit for the enviroment :P
Fecking LP won't stay in tune, nearly biffed it across the room before in a rage. (shit 3 pack D'ad strings I think, they are a bit hit and miss)

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by dayl »

Haha easy now lol those headstock bust up really well remember? :lol:

Ha! yeah.. I'm all about the environment... nothing about being a cheap ass :mrgreen: I converted the suckers from Floyd to Hard tail :P

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Hard tail don't make any differnece if you buy shit strings, my LP is testament to that. I see allparts are doing locking Kluson green key type tuners now.
I fully believe you about the not being a cheap ass too. :wink: