MikeC Sixty-One SRT

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1316 times
Been liked: 875 times

Re: MikeC Sixty-One SRT

Post by MikeC »

Here's v2 of the Sixty-One SRT amp badge designed & 3D printed by bobiron.
I'm very pleased with this and it's a keeper!
Thanks again Bob.
Attachments
Head Cab with v2 Badge.jpg
Head Cab with v2 Badge.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 990 times
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Post by Slowy »

MikeC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:23 pm Here's v2 of the Sixty-One SRT amp badge designed & 3D printed by bobiron.
Thanks again Bob.
Paint the base line black. It'll really make it pop. :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Slowy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:08 pm
MikeC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:23 pm Here's v2 of the Sixty-One SRT amp badge designed & 3D printed by bobiron.
Thanks again Bob.
Paint the base line black. It'll really make it pop. :thumbup:
Hmmm, food for thought.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1635 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Post by Jay »

Slowy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:08 pm
Thanks again Bob.
Print the base line black. It'll really make it pop. :thumbup:
Fixed
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

Righto, an update of sorts. Have sold 3 more SRTs recently including my first to the USA (Ebay ad). Wanted this one to go like clockwork for all the reasons. I got me a DHL credit account but the freight cost is still hellish. So, built a 120VAC version, tested it for hours and freighted it to Alaska. Freight was worse than I calculated so I will be lucky to break even. The amp arrived with the new owner today but has been damaged in transit, fuck. I can't believe it, chassis ends are bent, tube shields are squashed and front panel is chipped. It must have been a seriously heavy crush injury and I'm extra glad I got it insured. It was a completed chassis but sans tubes, reverb tank & footswitch so no glass fragments at least. So the new owner plugged in a bunch of tubes and fired it up & it still runs which is good news. It's a tough road to being a tube amp mogul, more lessons learned...

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

MikeC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 pm Righto, an update of sorts. Have sold 3 more SRTs recently including my first to the USA (Ebay ad). Wanted this one to go like clockwork for all the reasons. I got me a DHL credit account but the freight cost is still hellish. So, built a 120VAC version, tested it for hours and freighted it to Alaska. Freight was worse than I calculated so I will be lucky to break even. The amp arrived with the new owner today but has been damaged in transit, fuck. I can't believe it, chassis ends are bent, tube shields are squashed and front panel is chipped. It must have been a seriously heavy crush injury and I'm extra glad I got it insured. It was a completed chassis but sans tubes, reverb tank & footswitch so no glass fragments at least. So the new owner plugged in a bunch of tubes and fired it up & it still runs which is good news. It's a tough road to being a tube amp mogul, more lessons learned...

Holy shit mate, what a nightmare first overseas sale!

NZTone.e
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by NZTone.e »

But still seriously cool you got an overseas sale…

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MikeC »

NZTone.e wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 pm
MikeC wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 pm Righto, an update of sorts. Have sold 3 more SRTs recently including my first to the USA (Ebay ad). Wanted this one to go like clockwork for all the reasons. I got me a DHL credit account but the freight cost is still hellish. So, built a 120VAC version, tested it for hours and freighted it to Alaska. Freight was worse than I calculated so I will be lucky to break even. The amp arrived with the new owner today but has been damaged in transit, fuck. I can't believe it, chassis ends are bent, tube shields are squashed and front panel is chipped. It must have been a seriously heavy crush injury and I'm extra glad I got it insured. It was a completed chassis but sans tubes, reverb tank & footswitch so no glass fragments at least. So the new owner plugged in a bunch of tubes and fired it up & it still runs which is good news. It's a tough road to being a tube amp mogul, more lessons learned...

Holy shit mate, what a nightmare first overseas sale!
Yep, just what I didn't want. I might be able to spin it though... "DHL dropped the amp over Alaska at 30,000 feet and it survived apart from a few small dents..."