TW 2.0

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Post Reply
Marshmallow
Gibson
Posts: 891
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 am
Location: Auckland/Tokyo
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 546 times

TW 2.0

Post by Marshmallow »

Haven't started with the other amp yet. :lol: here's a new TW type amp with a similar chassis. Had the parts a for the cabinet quite a while back now.


Green suede for win. Front panel and back panels are made out of walnut. Cabinet not so trainwreck haha but I like it. 🤔 The other one is for the other amp.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Marshmallow on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guitars:
1:) Custom Stratocaster Handmade (Sapele body - Wenge)
2:) Custom Stratocaster Handmade (Sapele/Ash body, Wenge Neck)
3:) (in the process) Custom Telecaster Handmade (Sapele/Ash body, Wenge Neck)
Amps
ODS 2w
ODSR 50w
5e3 Tweedle-D
TR Jm 50 Clone

User avatar
Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3648
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2108 times
Been liked: 390 times
Contact:

Re: TW 2.0

Post by Cdog »

Pwhoar that suede! Hot

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 782 times
Been liked: 604 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by robthemac »

Top work! Did you ever try the silk-covered amp?

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4360
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2773 times
Been liked: 886 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by codedog »

What flavour of TW is this one?

User avatar
jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Posts: 30328
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
Has liked: 5356 times
Been liked: 2865 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by jeremyb »

Cdog wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:52 pm Pwhoar that suede! Hot
+100000000!!!
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking Lego.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 17331
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 679 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by hamo »

I love it
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

murky
Tokai
Tokai
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:13 am
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by murky »

codedog wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm What flavour of TW is this one?
Yeah, curious too. Lot of knobs for a TW!

IMOCD
Gibson
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 pm
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by IMOCD »

Do you ever sleep?

That green is glorious.

Marshmallow
Gibson
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:46 am
Location: Auckland/Tokyo
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 546 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by Marshmallow »

murky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 pm
codedog wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm What flavour of TW is this one?
Yeah, curious too. Lot of knobs for a TW!
It's an express/Liverpool with Master volume mod. Just one knob more than the usual. Have installed quite a few mods on this one. Next ones a rocket but after the TR amp is completed.
robthemac wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:05 pm Top work! Did you ever try the silk-covered amp?
Not yet. I have the silk. Haven't thought of the amp to pair it with.
Guitars:
1:) Custom Stratocaster Handmade (Sapele body - Wenge)
2:) Custom Stratocaster Handmade (Sapele/Ash body, Wenge Neck)
3:) (in the process) Custom Telecaster Handmade (Sapele/Ash body, Wenge Neck)
Amps
ODS 2w
ODSR 50w
5e3 Tweedle-D
TR Jm 50 Clone

User avatar
robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 pm
Has liked: 782 times
Been liked: 604 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by robthemac »

Marshmallow wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:12 pm
murky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 pm
codedog wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm What flavour of TW is this one?
Yeah, curious too. Lot of knobs for a TW!
It's an express/Liverpool with Master volume mod. Just one knob more than the usual. Have installed quite a few mods on this one. Next ones a rocket but after the TR amp is completed.
robthemac wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:05 pm Top work! Did you ever try the silk-covered amp?
Not yet. I have the silk. Haven't thought of the amp to pair it with.
Something delicate and pretty. Low-wattage Blackface?

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 4360
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 2773 times
Been liked: 886 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by codedog »

Marshmallow wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:12 pm
murky wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 pm
codedog wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm What flavour of TW is this one?
Yeah, curious too. Lot of knobs for a TW!
It's an express/Liverpool with Master volume mod. Just one knob more than the usual. Have installed quite a few mods on this one. Next ones a rocket but after the TR amp is completed.
The TW Liverpool is one of my favourite Kemper profiles. I've never played a real one, of course. Would love to hear even a clone one day!

User avatar
MattAnt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 2:31 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 180 times

Re: TW 2.0

Post by MattAnt »

Wowser two rock eat your heart out. That looks impeccable
Scarecrow101 on TradeMe

Post Reply