Is it possible to import a celestion greenback and make a 12x1 cab cheaper than whats available on the Market?

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Re: Is it possible to import a celestion greenback and make a 12x1 cab cheaper than whats available on the Market?

Post by NippleWrestler »

...and $190 shipping.

If you do butt joint it helps to add 1x1 pine strips in the corners for support and also to run silicone sealant along all inside joins so it's airtight.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Re: Is it possible to import a celestion greenback and make a 12x1 cab cheaper than whats available on the Market?

Post by Marshmallow »

NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:27 pm ...and $190 shipping.

If you do butt joint it helps to add 1x1 pine strips in the corners for support and also to run silicone sealant along all inside joins so it's airtight.
Forgot how expensive shipping is to NZ haha. There should be a cheaper option :lol: but I agree. Just butt joint them haha.

[urlhttps://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/22232-plywood-drawer-joint/[/url] perhaps you can try this out? haha 4th post

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Marshmallow wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:26 pm
NippleWrestler wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:27 pm ...and $190 shipping.

Forgot how expensive shipping is to NZ haha. There should be a cheaper option :lol: but I agree. Just butt joint them haha.

[urlhttps://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forums/topic/22232-plywood-drawer-joint/[/url] perhaps you can try this out? haha 4th post
yes, its shipping that eats most of my costs, I'd love to charge less - but even though I buy enough stuff to do two or three cabs at a time, there is hardly any profit/margin/worth. And its worse now post covid.

Local suppliers are 'out of stock' on most things useful.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I think these have a greenback G12H speaker in them

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... fad345-003
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...