Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Mike Clayton
I've now had a chance to play my Strat through the new Vibroverb. She's quiet and sounds warm with clarity wrapped in lush Fender reverb. Totally blackface :). I'm unable to crank her up yet but can't wait to hear her opened up. Here's a couple of pics of the finished product.
Vibroverb Front.jpeg
Vibroverb Front.jpeg (3.63 MiB) Viewed 125 times

Vibroverb Back.jpeg
Vibroverb Back.jpeg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 125 times
BY Mike Clayton
Build cost (that's the parts cost plus BG's cab) totalled $2535.00. It's by far the most expensive amp I've ever built. I already had the casters so didn't count them LOL! I didn't scrimp on valves using TAD stuff mostly. Actually, I didn't scrimp on anything really but did use a slightly microphonic long plate 12AT7 for the PI (it sounds great and mild microphony doesn't much matter in that position).
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY Mike Clayton
jvpp wrote:Shoot, looks like the real McCoy :thumbup: You guys can go in the counterfeit business... :wink:

Well she's pretty much identical to the real thing! I think I'd better blur out the Fender badge if I advertise it at some point later.
I hope it sounds like the real thing too...