Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
rickenbackerkid wrote:yes... becuase if it made a big difference then I want BG to make me a Pro Junior Cab . . .

Its a huge difference then, like night and day ;)
BY Bg
rickenbackerkid wrote:I'm doing a poor man's repair on an old Celestion. Tissue paper and thinned PVA glue. The speaker is pretty destroyed, so it's worth a go at repairing it I reckon. If it's shit, I'll look at sending it off for a recone.

I've fixed a few like that in the past with no discernible difference in tone.

However I have one here I feel may need a little more....
Attachments
20191230_163810.jpg
20191230_163810.jpg (6.45 MiB) Viewed 584 times
BY Mike Clayton
Bg wrote:
rickenbackerkid wrote:I'm doing a poor man's repair on an old Celestion. Tissue paper and thinned PVA glue. The speaker is pretty destroyed, so it's worth a go at repairing it I reckon. If it's shit, I'll look at sending it off for a recone.

I've fixed a few like that in the past with no discernible difference in tone.

However I have one here I feel may need a little more....

Looks like the Pete Townsend mod was applied, how does it sound?
BY Bg
It sounds like it had something big and heavy dropped on it in the workshop :D I was using it as a template, and thats probably all it'll ever be good for now :D
BY Bg
Mike Clayton wrote:
Timoes wrote:Donor.

How about going the full hog with the "hand wired" conversion...
BJ Board.jpg

Is that one of yours, looks almost as good ;)
BY Timoes
Mike Clayton wrote:

How about going the full hog with the "hand wired"

Very tidy.
BY Bg
rickenbackerkid wrote:I'm liking the idea of building a turret board, pine cabinet Pro Junior - would be a cool project

I may be able to help with part of that :D

If you feel the need for a pine box for your current one, I think I now have sufficient skills to ruin it to the same standard as your original :lol:
BY rickenbackerkid
you'd need to - i can't be trusted doing things like cutting wood and using a screw driver and so on. what would be really cool would be a new cab using the 25 year old tweed from my old cab so it doesnt look new and shiny. I don't like new shiny things . ..
BY Bg
I can guarantee it will not look new and shiny, I can't do that. I could possibly use your old tweed but I could also use that as a template to fuck the new stuff up :D in fact you'll get a discount for that so I can practice the ageing process ;)
BY willow13
94% finished building a new guitar..will post in own thread with some other purchases that I have made over the past 6 months that I haven't mentioned here
BY Mike Clayton
Bg wrote:
Mike Clayton wrote:

How about going the full hog with the "hand wired" conversion...
BJ Board.jpg

Ha - no but flattery will get you everywhere big boy!!!
BY Mike Clayton
willow13 wrote:94% finished building a new guitar..will post in own thread with some other purchases that I have made over the past 6 months that I haven't mentioned here

Pics or its just a rumour...
BY Bg
Mike Clayton wrote:
Bg wrote:
Mike Clayton wrote:How about going the full hog with the "hand wired" conversion...
BJ Board.jpg

Ha - no but flattery will get you everywhere big boy!!!

oh come on, that pack of 5 resistors in the middle would have been aligned properly!