1x12 Micro Cab

Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

1x12 Micro Cab

Post by Marshmallow »

Hi Guys,

I got a cab and vintage 30s from Willow13, so I took the speakers out (i'm still going to use the big ab)
I think I posted on the wrong thread the other day lol :lolno: . Anyway, Started building a very small cab to match my Micro Terror yesterday but due to the lack of tools, I had to take it to north shore. I was thinking of how I can make something small and still keep a frame. I did put them together today, putting them together took less than 2 hours I believe.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for my stain. I"ve added a mild stain on the cab but thinking of adding a darker stain on the sides. I'm waiting for the plate for the jack as well as the mesh. (the jack is a wee short one). I did test it and It sounded great. Who ever wants to try a small cab you're most welcome. The dimentions of the cab is only 400h 360w and 240d. I shit you not. It's small and open back but it gives a really good crunch with the micro terror. and it sounds organic. I used pine so It's fairly light.

While waiting for the wood to dry, I managed to quickly make a pen case for my partner and used the magnets from a 3 dollar shop haha :lol:
I found a spare block of wood in my storage. It's a wood from india, I don't remember what the name of the wood was but It was so damn hard to cut lol. Sorry I had to blur the laser printed name:)

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: 1x12 Micro Cab

Post by Marshmallow »

Tomorrow I'll be adding the mesh, maybe 7mm rubber legs, back plate, More sanding staining the sides darker... Due to its size, 4 structural bolts had to be on the outside haha. I also can't have extra wood around the front edges of the cab to make it seem thicker because the speakers are almost to the edge of both the top and bottom. Anyway, as for the results, I'm happy with it so far. Here are some pics to where I got to today. Let me know what you guys think!! It sounds amazing!

I'm waiting for the first set of stain to dry which is why i can't do much haha :lol: :oops:

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Sweet man, looks like you've made a nice job of that. No blood spots either! Pencil case looking tidy too..
Loving it so far

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

shit dude I need to get you to make me a cab, that looks awesome :rofl: :thumbup:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

StratMatt88 wrote:Sweet man, looks like you've made a nice job of that. No blood spots either! Pencil case looking tidy too..
Cheers man!

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

willow13 wrote:shit dude I need to get you to make me a cab, that looks awesome :rofl: :thumbup:
Haha yea, Lets have a cab building day! LOL.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Update, So I've added the mesh (different kind of mesh where I have to glue them) , I've added the rubber legs from placemakers and they're only10mm Thick!, I've added the stain but I think it'll take 3 days to perfect the stain haha. I'm getting tired with this cab for now so I'll put them together soon :) I got some japanese style stain.. if thats how you put it. When I get enough time (next weekend) I'll refinish them so I can put a better finish and finally sand them with a sanding machine. Thanks to mainline music, they just gave me a speaker cable for my cab.

More updates to come maybe tomorrow :) I'l keep adding stuff to it as I go so next time I build something this small, I can do it very quickly.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Here's the almost finished amp. It's gonna be like thsi for now after I put the plate. I need to re apply the coating for the sides another week and finally put more staples on th mesh. I took this photo yesterday but since then I've reapplied 1 extra coat of stain so it's a lot darker. Not sure if it suits everyone's style but it works well for me.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bloody hell, great job. Looks fantastic!

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Bloody hell, great job. Looks fantastic!
Thanks man. Hope to build a different one next time with better wood and design haha :)

Payforit
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Payforit »

Looks great!

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

Looking good man! Well done.

What have you used for the front?

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Jops wrote:Looking good man! Well done.

What have you used for the front?
Cheers/

Oh yes, I'll upload a photo soon! I've made a simple pedalboard to match the amp. I've brought the tools from North Shore so I should be able to make a better pedalboard.

*edit* I wont have to rush making it haha **

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Update! 95% finished. Been like this for a couple of weeks now.

With matching pedalboard and the New/old prestige RG (been cleaning it for hours lol). These are the only pedals I currently have. It's all the sound I need at the moment but 2 more will be on the way from an NZguitar member hopefully sometime this week. I'm also looking for a smoother overdrive as well (rolling on a budget though) Something similar to a Timmy Overdrive.. anyway I've finally got around to bringing my tools to the city so will make a better version of the pedalboard with the tools instead of a craft knife. :lol: