Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

FuzzMonkey
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 510 times
Been liked: 407 times

Re: A/B/Y pedal build

Post by FuzzMonkey »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:33 am If that library doesn't support it I think I have figured out a way to make the long press work without releasing, at least in my head, just might require some extra state to be stored...
Like a momentary function?
"There's no creativity without vulnerability."

www.fantailaudio.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:31 pm
jeremyb wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:33 am If that library doesn't support it I think I have figured out a way to make the long press work without releasing, at least in my head, just might require some extra state to be stored...
Yeah so it triggers without releasing the button :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:32 pm
Yeah, you really want it to detect a long click and switch as soon as it's happy. Assuming a 2nd long click takes you back to exactly what you had before the first long click?

Years ago I toyed with idea of building a patcher/looper using relays and a controller like this. You put X pedals into the loops, one each or a couple, you have Y buttons and program which of the X loops are on/off for each Y. Of course there are multi-fx which are pretty bloody good at this now so never bothered

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sty wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:46 pm

Yeah, you really want it to detect a long click and switch as soon as it's happy. Assuming a 2nd long click takes you back to exactly what you had before the first long click?

Years ago I toyed with idea of building a patcher/looper using relays and a controller like this. You put X pedals into the loops, one each or a couple, you have Y buttons and program which of the X loops are on/off for each Y. Of course there are multi-fx which are pretty bloody good at this now so never bothered
Plan is another short click takes it back to the previous state :-)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:12 pm

any progress yet?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:14 pm
jeremyb wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:12 pm

any progress yet?
Got distracted with doing a water slide decal for another pedal ;-)

FuzzMonkey
Gibson

Post by FuzzMonkey »

I'm trying not to go down an A/B/Y pedal rabbit hole now. But it is a slippery slope.

www.fantailaudio.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:16 pm I'm trying not to go down an A/B/Y pedal rabbit hole now. But it is a slippery slope.
:rofl: its a must have, I made a pedal years ago for my AC15 that had A/B switching and Reverb / Tremolo all in one, I was using the A/B to switch between the normal and top boost channels, was a really great tool!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Any progress yet?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bg wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:37 pmAny progress yet?
Had a day off to do things with the kids, followed up with a curry and beers, and now having a whiskey, probably not a good time to code but have the problem sorted in my mind, kids are at grandparents tomorrow so might do some coding in the day, have the design for the enclosure in my mind, going to make it as small as possible to not steal any real estate from my new small pedalboard thats incoming :mental:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Changed my logic around to do the held for Y logic I wanted and another short click brings it back to whatever it was set to beforehand, yay!

Next step I'm gonna mock up the enclosure in cardboard and then 3d model it and print it out :-)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Short video of the prototype in action on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjWr_9jpg27/

FuzzMonkey
Gibson

Post by FuzzMonkey »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:54 pm Short video of the prototype in action on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjWr_9jpg27/
You need to hook it up to a signal now and see it performs.

www.fantailaudio.com

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

FuzzMonkey wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:23 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:54 pm Short video of the prototype in action on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjWr_9jpg27/
You need to hook it up to a signal now and see it performs.
She'll be right! Probably a good idea though, will wire up the jacks and give it a test tomorrow :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Some pics of the enclosure I'm working on!
Attachments
ABY Enclosure.png
ABY Enclosure.png (87.31 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
ABY Enclosure Bottom.png
ABY Enclosure Bottom.png (110.4 KiB) Viewed 1820 times