NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

NPD: Kill Your Idols

Post by NippleWrestler »

despite the name it's a medium gain OD with a vaguely British leaning in terms of sound (hence the choice of knob), that I've been using as a first gain pedal or a boost for a Mesa dirt channel. The Focus control shifts the balance (or weight) of the tonestack to fat and wide to tinny and compressed. It's a pretty fun little invention. The pair of LEDs handle clipping duties, just like you find in some Marshalls. They have their own snarly flavour and also add a little bit of crunch and compression, plus they light up when you strum hard as the voltage increases and they begin to clip.

And here's an internal trimpot for setting the LED brightness. I like them eye meltingly bright, customers have differing tastes so you can adjust this with the point of a pick then screw the back cover back on and away you go. Set and forget.

I also designed this pedal to not be that loud. Nothing bugs me more in pedal land that unity being at 2 or 3 on the dial. It fucks your balance and means all the good stuff (typically near the end of the volume's sweep) never gets out because once you get there everyone is deaf.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 221 times

Re: NPD: Kill Your Idols

Post by IMOCD »

Nice.
No pressure @Zaulkin, but....