Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

NPD; Klon Mini x2

Post by Marshmallow »

Was a pain to make these two. Layout have been reorganized to fit a small enclosure. Enclosure is roughly 100 x 70mm. Now that I think about it, I could probably make it in a 1590b. :problem:

Klon "Silver" and Klon "Gold" with diode clipping. Will be added to my two boards later on. Have decided to just paint it black. My fuzz beside it for size comparison.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Re: NPD; Klon Mini x2

Post by Cdog »

Heh. You're definitely a builderer Mr Marshmallow... all gut shots and no exterior pics! :lol:
Mighty impressive work, even made room for a batt. Is that your pcb design? I like the easy access for hotswappable clippers. Any NOS Germie's bro?

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Cdog wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:07 pm Heh. You're definitely a builderer Mr Marshmallow... all gut shots and no exterior pics! :lol:
Mighty impressive work, even made room for a batt. Is that your pcb design? I like the easy access for hotswappable clippers. Any NOS Germie's bro?
Haha thanks. I will upload the exterior pics later on and most likely this weekend. Outside does not look so good at the moment. Struggling with the exterior design. 😂 I painted it then removed the paint coz I didn't like it. I will upload the current state when I get home. i'm thinking of going matte silver like the centura and splashing it with gold leaf and the other just covered in gold leaf. 🤔 or matte black/ white and splashed with gold leaf. 🤔

No NOS Germ on this build sadly. I can however, swap them later on.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

How do the silver and gold differ?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Slowy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:09 pm How do the silver and gold differ?
Not much, the gold seems to have softer treble. I could only tell the difference at higher volumes haha..

The current situation. Front photo requested by Cdog. Painted and removed lol. I have decided to paint the "silver" klon with white and gold leaf (attached a photo) and the "Gold" klon covered in gold leaf only. I should try do it this weekend. Been playing it like crazy. It might be my new favourite overdrive. :lol: