Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

NPD: Drives

Post by Marshmallow »

I went to Akihabara a few weeks ago to get some vintage parts. Like literally vintagejacks/caps/wires coz they're cheap as..I also mixed new parts with vintage parts.. since they're a prototype, I also did the painting however, the paint on all pedals started to chip away soon as I started using them. I need to figure out how to make the paint stick. My paint skill level is 0. 😂 Labels were also just hand written with an ink pen. Took a while to do the layout so they also look good on the inside. It was tough. I'm using takachi enclosures so they're a little wider than the standard mxr.

3x low gain drive. Although they all are the same circuit, they all sound different. 1 large enclosure with 4 different tones and 2x mini versions with 1x same clipping as the big brother, 1x internal trim/external trim(seems to be much smoother than the two. I was aiming for ODS/SSS/Smoggy/+ more gain. I'll try to make phone recordings of them. Currently moving houses so 😐

2x high gain distortion. The distortion pedals are very transparent and a little heavy on bass but the good heavy. If I explain the the sound in reference of other pedals, It's got the bloom of the Dumble, transparency of a timmy, the gain of a bassman.

Last image is a
Dumbloid twin special clone.. I didn't expect much of this but it sounded really good.

They sound good to my ears. There's bass and high frequency I didn't even know existed. 🤔 More things for you guys to try when I return to NZ. Once paint is sorted, I'll be selling copies to local music stores once the paint has been sorted.
Last edited by Marshmallow on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: NPD: Drives

Post by Snarblinge »

nice
b.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

Nice work. Real tidy, especially that 1590A. The cloth wire is a nice touch.
So these are your own circuits?
Have you tried applying a clear coat to protect the paint?
With the takachi enclosures, what model number would be closest to a Hammond 1590B or 125B?
Nothing to see here.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

why do you think you're getting different sounds from the one s that have the same circuit?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

AiRdAd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:47 am why do you think you're getting different sounds from the one s that have the same circuit?
If it's vintage caps etc there'll be variation due to the inconsistencies of those cap values most likely.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

mr_sooty wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am
AiRdAd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:47 am why do you think you're getting different sounds from the one s that have the same circuit?
If it's vintage caps etc there'll be variation due to the inconsistencies of those cap values most likely.
Exactly like this! Same case for fuzz, it's a hit and miss haha 😂

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Miza wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:37 am Nice work. Real tidy, especially that 1590A. The cloth wire is a nice touch.
So these are your own circuits?
Have you tried applying a clear coat to protect the paint?
With the takachi enclosures, what model number would be closest to a Hammond 1590B or 125B?
Hey man these are my own. The sizes are close to the 1590b but a few mm wider.

I think I've to add a base coat 🤔 I'll be going to a studio tomorrow so I should be able to do a video 😂