Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Wampler Wobbles

Post by Slowy »

My Tumnus Deluxe has developed a loud hum. Touch the pedal and it increases to a buzz. Running off a 1 Spot power supply with Lava cables patch leads. Swapping leads makes no difference.

Suggestions please?
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Wampler Wobbles

Post by AiRdAd »

Slowy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:52 am My Tumnus Deluxe has developed a loud hum. Touch the pedal and it increases to a buzz. Running off a 1 Spot power supply with Lava cables patch leads. Swapping leads makes no difference.

Suggestions please?
sounds like it needs brain surgery :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Sounds like an earthing issue, are the nuts on the jacks tight? I'd try it direct into the amp with two known good guitar leads and the same power supply only going into that pedal, if that doesn't improve then try a battery, if that doesn't improve then its likely something in the pedal... but they don't tend to fail... more likely to be the power supply or a faulty lead :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

AiRdAd wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:56 am
Slowy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:52 am My Tumnus Deluxe has developed a loud hum. Touch the pedal and it increases to a buzz. Running off a 1 Spot power supply with Lava cables patch leads. Swapping leads makes no difference.

Suggestions please?
I'll take it with me Monday then. :D
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:56 am

Suggestions please?
Maybe he's just hearing things now?!??!?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:01 am Sounds like an earthing issue, are the nuts on the jacks tight? I'd try it direct into the amp with two known good guitar leads and the same power supply only going into that pedal, if that doesn't improve then try a battery, if that doesn't improve then its likely something in the pedal... but they don't tend to fail... more likely to be the power supply or a faulty lead :)
What he said!
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

JustMatt
Gibson
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Post by JustMatt »

It sounds like a grounding issue somewhere. They come with a 5 year warranty so the seller can help you get it sorted