NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: Friedman BE:OD clone

Post by NippleWrestler »

My first tayda order was 2010. My most recent was last month. I've had zero problems.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

codedog wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
NippleWrestler wrote:
Riley Reid would probably give it a go!
FFS!!!! I googled that name... at work... :roll:
:lol: great cover story Dany, the old I don't know who she is lark!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7733 times
Been liked: 4179 times

Post by jeremyb »

codedog wrote:
Candeevr4 wrote:
codedog wrote:
Do you think anything less of JB, especially when hes on withdrawls due to the cr@p aus internet?
Not at all, he's a top fella... I just forgot not to google things JB mentioned at work.
You'd think after I tricked Slowy into going to www.meatspin.com you'd all be on high alert :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

NippleWrestler wrote:
Molly wrote:I doubt I have the skills for this but just out of interest what did it cost?
About a tenth of the retail price, for me.

The board was $8 USD, enclosure was $6. Parts are peanuts except the switch and jacks. I already had the soldering iron and all the hookup wire etc which absorbs the costs.

Shipping the boards is $9 USD but considering the pedal is $429 here it's a relative bargain.

I was in rockshop last week and the last 3 pedals I built (sea machine, hummingbird, hoof) amounted to $1100 ish. It's very cost effective to build once you get into it and also a lot of fun.
Do the companies selling the kits pay anything in terms of someone else's intellectual property that they are selling?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

AiRdAd wrote:
NippleWrestler wrote:
Molly wrote:I doubt I have the skills for this but just out of interest what did it cost?
About a tenth of the retail price, for me.

The board was $8 USD, enclosure was $6. Parts are peanuts except the switch and jacks. I already had the soldering iron and all the hookup wire etc which absorbs the costs.

Shipping the boards is $9 USD but considering the pedal is $429 here it's a relative bargain.

I was in rockshop last week and the last 3 pedals I built (sea machine, hummingbird, hoof) amounted to $1100 ish. It's very cost effective to build once you get into it and also a lot of fun.
Do the companies selling the kits pay anything in terms of someone else's intellectual property that they are selling?
Nope. They're doing nothing illegal or wrong. I doubt anyone pays ibanez for the 400,000 tubescreamer clones that exist, or that anyone pays ehx for the million big muff clones on the market.