NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1066 times

The broken God

Post by NippleWrestler »

Super straight forward. I like Devi Ever's stuff because they're low parts count and make a pretty good sound.

This is a clone of the Hyperion 2 pedal. It's crazy loud, has a useless oscillation knob (it works, but I can't find anywhere it would be useful), and is very bright and splattery on the top end. It works very well with changes in the volume knob and goes more Cherub Rock when you dial it back a bit as it rolls off the highs more into crunchy rock territory. On full it's a little bit too 8 bit. I may eventually put a cap between some lugs on a pot when I can work out which one does what to tame the high end. This is a pedal which would greatly benefit from a tone knob.

Still, it's finished and it worked first time. There's no fuss with these boards.

Obligatory gutshot:

Top mounted stuff:

FYI for anyone ordering Tayda enclosures. You'll need to drill out the power outlet hole to 11.5mm and the LED hole to whatever your bezel size is (8mm in this case). I think they presume the DC jack will be PCB mounted so just make a hole for the jack to pass through and not the body of the thing.

'Artwork' is just some old house paint I had left from a thing and then clearcoated with spray enamel. Nothing fancy. It's just painted on and the speckles are drybrushed on there for that good ol' texturing.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: The broken God

Post by chur »

Very cool! I just ordered some bits to make a King of Tone and Suhr Riot Reloaded clone when I feel the need. Finding suitable diodes for the KOT was a bit of a pain in the noodle.

Rewarding when the fresh builds fire straight up huh?1?
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1066 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

chur wrote:Very cool! I just ordered some bits to make a King of Tone and Suhr Riot Reloaded clone when I feel the need. Finding suitable diodes for the KOT was a bit of a pain in the noodle.

There's a video with the kot diodes and then the good ol 1n4001 diodes. They sound exactly the same to my ears.

And yep, first time success is very encouraging but I paid my dues with Vero board and all the fun that entails.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Looks great, nice job

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

NippleWrestler wrote:
chur wrote:Very cool! I just ordered some bits to make a King of Tone and Suhr Riot Reloaded clone when I feel the need. Finding suitable diodes for the KOT was a bit of a pain in the noodle.

There's a video with the kot diodes and then the good ol 1n4001 diodes. They sound exactly the same to my ears.
Yer watched that (or one similar where each side of the pedal had differing diodes), not much in it. Any differences might just be part tolerances anyway. Smallbear had a few similar varieties so went with them as they were cheap. Brought two different sorts to compare. I found the proper KOT ones, but at $2.20usd a pop I wasn't having that.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Awesome. Super clean work inside!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."