how to make your own PCBs

Pedal manufacturers in here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: how to make your own PCBs

Post by rocklander »

Cdog wrote:Righto... I'm starting my first pcb project for a power supply of all things. 8) I tried using Eagle and it did my head in. :?
Express PCB is very easy to use for what I'm trying to do, but it exports these files called .dxf which is a little wierd coz nothing opens them, and the image files I exported have no traces?? Meh I'll keep tweakering. Anybody got some advice on getting the printable art out of this program easily?
I get it on as large a screen as I can find, then get the pic as large as possible on that screen (using the selection magnifier), then use [alt]+[print screen] and paste that into photofiltre... crop away.
to get the trace/holes only, I use the buttons on the left bottom side to hide silkscreen and bottom layers then do the same thing.
I wish I could move those buttons to the top toolbar cos they're out of view on my netbook :x
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

can't download the mac version of eagle it keeps timing out.
Thinking of building a power supply with 12 & 18v outputs as well so I can power everything off one unit and not take extra plugs for Philosophers tone and TC Nova Repeater
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

Admittedly, its been many years since I did this, but IIRC, I just used to A4 print to check / scan to size / print on OHT sheet / lay on photosensitive PCB / expose to light / etch etc. Just seems a lot easier process to me. Am I missing something?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

rocklander wrote:I get it on as large a screen as I can find, then get the pic as large as possible on that screen (using the selection magnifier), then use [alt]+[print screen] and paste that into photofiltre... crop away.
to get the trace/holes only, I use the buttons on the left bottom side to hide silkscreen and bottom layers then do the same thing.
I wish I could move those buttons to the top toolbar cos they're out of view on my netbook
Thanks man 8)
jeremyb wrote:.dxf is autocad format, you could try something like this: http://www.bravaviewer.com/free-autocad-file-viewer.htm
Downloading...

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Rog wrote:Admittedly, its been many years since I did this, but IIRC, I just used to A4 print to check / scan to size / print on OHT sheet / lay on photosensitive PCB / expose to light / etch etc. Just seems a lot easier process to me. Am I missing something?
that's if you're using photosensitive PCB.. most accessible stuff is not, so it's a matter of transferring the toner from your printer to the PCB somehow so the etchant doesn't eat all your nommy copper.. and this particular issue was about getting the toner.
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

Did you get some solder?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Rog wrote:Did you get some solder?
in the mail... ex ebay - loverly 60/40, none of that leadfree shyte
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Happy braindeath ex-alcohol, eh?
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol