Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

michael_m
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Hand clap pedal!

Post by michael_m »

double post whoops
Last edited by michael_m on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michael_m
Stagg
Stagg

Post by michael_m »

okay, i've been googling a lot of stuff and found the schematic for the tr-808 hand clap. i'm not sure how similar this is to the hc-2, but you can compare the two - this one includes a parts list. here, i found this on a forum somewhere: "The BOSS Handclapper is not an effect pedal, per se. Its sole purpose in life is to produce a fake handclap sound. It does so when you hit that blue rubber pad with a stick, or with your hand, whichever is handier. The circuit inside is IDENTICAL (save for the addition of a couple of external pots to adjust some sound parameters that are permanently set in the 808) to the handclap circuit in the legendary Roland TR-808 drum machine. That can be good or bad, depending on your particular taste."

apparently it came before the days of 16 bit, so sound might be a little poor. i don't really mind, anyway

additionally, i've pretty much worked out that they're damn rare - dec '83 was the release date, and as i mentioned, you can't really find them on trademe or ebay. i did hear a lot of people saying they found them in pawn shops for $30 US, so in terms of price that's probably better than i hoped.

michael_m
Stagg
Stagg

Post by michael_m »

the great thing is that everyone seems to hate this thing except for me. cheap deals! :D

michael_m
Stagg
Stagg

Post by michael_m »