Ready... Set... BUY BUY BUY!!!!

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Ready... Set... BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Post by robthemac »

I had a very negative gut reaction to Josh when I first saw him. That smug grin nearly made me punch a hole through my TV. But he's really grown on me. He's a genuine pedal nerd who wants to share his knowledge more than making a buck. Doesn't stop him making a few dollars on the side, I'm sure.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

He's in the lucky position to be collecting ALL of the pedals and instead of being selfish about it he's sharing them with us and promoting other makers along the way, top Gary.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:52 pm John Mayer started to black out his pedals because he was sick of being blamed for the rising price of some of them, was still obvious tho'....
John Mayer - Black out
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

3Leaf audio have price hype
Noble Pre Amp

There was a pedal the bass player from Muse used which ended up going for ludicrous coin....I think it was Akai Deep Impact
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

robthemac wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:40 am I had a very negative gut reaction to Josh when I first saw him. That smug grin nearly made me punch a hole through my TV. But he's really grown on me. He's a genuine pedal nerd who wants to share his knowledge more than making a buck. Doesn't stop him making a few dollars on the side, I'm sure.
He's got one of those faces... I'm going to try again later. I didn't like Justin Hawkins Rides Again at first, but at least he was in a band I like.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:17 pm
robthemac wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:40 am I had a very negative gut reaction to Josh when I first saw him. That smug grin nearly made me punch a hole through my TV. But he's really grown on me. He's a genuine pedal nerd who wants to share his knowledge more than making a buck. Doesn't stop him making a few dollars on the side, I'm sure.
He's got one of those faces... I'm going to try again later. I didn't like Justin Hawkins Rides Again at first, but at least he was in a band I like.
I found I had to get past how Justin delivers things to determine that I like the content of what he's delivering, but it wasn't easy to start with.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mr Bungle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 pmPicked up a Sound Stone (cheaper ebow) after seeing him use it here.
I've had one of these for about 4 years now, really need to start using it again, its not as good as my old ebow plus was, but with that whenever I played live with that I'd get terrible feedback, unpleasant...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mr Bungle
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Mr Bungle »

jeremyb wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:19 am
Mr Bungle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 pmPicked up a Sound Stone (cheaper ebow) after seeing him use it here.
I've had one of these for about 4 years now, really need to start using it again, its not as good as my old ebow plus was, but with that whenever I played live with that I'd get terrible feedback, unpleasant...
Did you check out Josh using it in my link? Sounds great.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mr Bungle wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:45 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:19 am
Did you check out Josh using it in my link? Sounds great.
Yarr they're great, not quite as pronounced as the ebow + was, you can get different effects with it by moving it back and forth between the bridge and base of the neck, its obviously strongest when its over the pickups but other cool tones can be had too :-)

Timpac
Ashton
Ashton
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Timpac »

Damn missed out on that one. I had a few of them back in the day