A vintage '54

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
bluesierra
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 454
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 am
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by bluesierra »

Jay wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:42 pm
Mini Forklift wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:26 pm
bluesierra wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:20 pm
I believe the offer was 35K.
Yeah, just had a feeling someone had also offered higher than that before the guy that offered the $35k.
You are correct, probably just teasing though....

Capture54.JPG
I stand corrected.

goldtop0
Steinberger
Steinberger
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:10 pm
Location: Auckland NZ
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by goldtop0 »

Offered at $37.5k...........somebody in the US would snap that up for sure...... but the seller really wants it to stay here with that price.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 303 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by NippleWrestler »

It would definitely be worth his time to set up a reverb account. That's a $50k guitar by the looks of things.

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19300
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2647 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by Molly »

goldtop0 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 am
Offered at $37.5k...........somebody in the US would snap that up for sure...... but the seller really wants it to stay here with that price.
Why would the seller care so long as they get paid? Not like it's a national treasure.

I'd like to get it and just use it for half-arsed guest spots playing Wagon Wheel. And a PRS Private Stock Eagle-Turd inlay for the Proud Mary encore. :-)

User avatar
codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 3186
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: Christchurch
Has liked: 1968 times
Been liked: 582 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by codedog »

Molly wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 am
... PRS Private Stock Eagle-Turd ... :-)
You've worked a few different jobs in the past... did you ever try your hand at marketing? :D

goldtop0
Steinberger
Steinberger
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:10 pm
Location: Auckland NZ
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by goldtop0 »

Molly wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 am
goldtop0 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 am
Offered at $37.5k...........somebody in the US would snap that up for sure...... but the seller really wants it to stay here with that price.
Why would the seller care so long as they get paid? Not like it's a national treasure.


That's what he stated first off when he put it up for sale and he knows full well he can get a lot more for it overseas............he's a big softie 8)
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

User avatar
Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 6067
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Valles Marineris
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 170 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by Capt. Black »

Investment.... The once much hated 70s and 80s models seem to be going up in price. Considered vintage already. There's probably a better return on investment on these. Especially for us mortals on a beer budget.

:twisted:
Founder of The Mysterons. "They promised they'd never play again... They lied"
Producer. "Looking for the sound of a sow's ear made from a silk purse with a side of whiskey and hot bitches? Call me."
Manager. "I'm not looking for perfection, I'm looking for awesome!"

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15334
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 1550 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:40 am
goldtop0 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 am
Offered at $37.5k...........somebody in the US would snap that up for sure...... but the seller really wants it to stay here with that price.
Why would the seller care so long as they get paid? Not like it's a national treasure.

I'd like to get it and just use it for half-arsed guest spots playing Wagon Wheel. And a PRS Private Stock Eagle-Turd inlay for the Proud Mary encore. :-)
I love how a Man justifies his passions. :shifty: :lol:
Fox News has turned Boomers into what they thought video games would do to their kids.

goldtop0
Steinberger
Steinberger
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:10 pm
Location: Auckland NZ
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by goldtop0 »

Capt. Black wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:26 pm
.... The once much hated 70s and 80s models seem to be going up in price.

:twisted:



We must be heading towards the apocalypse if that's the case..........those Norlin guitars for the most part are atrocious instruments :(
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

User avatar
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 19300
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:17 pm
Has liked: 2054 times
Been liked: 2647 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by Molly »

goldtop0 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:57 pm
Capt. Black wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:26 pm
.... The once much hated 70s and 80s models seem to be going up in price.

:twisted:



We must be heading towards the apocalypse if that's the case..........those Norlin guitars for the most part are atrocious instruments :(
It's amazing how the likes of CBS Strats can gain some sort of mystique for seemingly no other reason than age. A plank is a plank no matter how old it is.

User avatar
Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 15334
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: Orcland
Has liked: 567 times
Been liked: 1550 times

Re: A vintage '54

Post by Slowy »

Molly wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:20 pm
goldtop0 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:57 pm
Capt. Black wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:26 pm
.... The once much hated 70s and 80s models seem to be going up in price.

:twisted:



We must be heading towards the apocalypse if that's the case..........those Norlin guitars for the most part are atrocious instruments :(
It's amazing how the likes of CBS Strats can gain some sort of mystique for seemingly no other reason than age. A plank is a plank no matter how old it is.
1962.
You want to trade one of those heavy Les Pauls they made a couple of years ago? It's not worth much I'm afraid, nobody really wants the things.
Fox News has turned Boomers into what they thought video games would do to their kids.

Post Reply