Schecter Dream Machine.

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 102 times

Schecter Dream Machine.

Post by Timoes »

Anyone seen one of these ? Late 70s US original condition. All rosewood neck so it wont be leaving the country in the near future ,anyhow. Knofler has one by all accounts. Recorded Making Movies with it. They seem to be worth a bit if you could find one for sale.
I have a chance to get one possibly.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Re: Schecter Dream Machine.

Post by Molly »

Timoes wrote:Anyone seen one of these ? Late 70s US original condition. All rosewood neck so it wont be leaving the country in the near future ,anyhow. Knofler has one by all accounts. Recorded Making Movies with it. They seem to be worth a bit if you could find one for sale.
I have a chance to get one possibly.
I had a couple of early Schecter USA Strats. One in particular was outstanding. Champagne finish, gold hardware, locking tuners (not sure when they first appeared but it had 'em), those 'big pole piece' single-coil pickups, nice maple. Very posh guitar.

If you get a chance at one, at the right price, it'd definitely be worth following-up. Be interested to see it.

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Timoes »

Me too. Gets dropped in Wednesday. Will post a pic then. It belongs to a chap who I do quite a bit of work for. He has many cool old guitars and amps. Just serviced a prototype Abbey amp for him. Serial # 001. He also has a Gibson GA15 (?) that once belonged to Peter Posa complete with fag burns on the top.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Could be good and could quite possibly have been made by Tom Anderson during his time with Schecter.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

https://reverb.com/item/461953-schecter ... -real-deal
This guy certainly held his in high regard.
They are very spendy regardless of whether this one's OTT or not. No idea if they're worth it; never seen a real one. But their reputation is predominantly Knopfler based so I'd guess that for a rising young player, they were better than the stock Fenders of the day. He was still a couple of albums away from the cash avalanche that was to come.

Could be a very good score at the right price.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.