Swagger of bursts

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Swagger of bursts

Post by GrantB »

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Swagger of bursts

Post by GrantB »

There will be a good story here...all mahogany 1957 Goldtop - that's my kind of guitar.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Crazy.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Looking forward to the demos for them.

I bought a Fano PX6 from that shop. Nice people.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I once missed a great deal on a Rick 230 from them. Saw it online and it said overseas buyers please call and it was the wrong time of day, so I called back the next day. Guy went to take it off the shelf and when he came back to the phone he said so sorry but I didn't realise, it was sold half an hour ago. Gutted :-(

murky
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 293 times

Post by murky »

Pop quiz: you can have one of those guitars…..or…..the hands/chops (but not fame and fortune) of your favourite player.

Which do you choose?

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

murky wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:25 pm Pop quiz: you can have one of those guitars…..or…..the hands/chops (but not fame and fortune) of your favourite player.

Which do you choose?
Easy. Hands/chops any day. Don't need a flash axe. As much as I'd like to make a living from my creativity, I'd rather have a higher degree of mastery of the instrument to be able to express the crap in my head...whether anyone else gets it, I can't control...but to get it out with expressive eloquence and mistake free fluidity would be, for me, a life worth living :D

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

That was like watching some high-level drug deal taking place.
Nothing to see here.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Miza wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:32 pm That was like watching some high-level drug deal taking place.
Yeah, but you never got to try the drugs. Bloody teaser vid, that.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

murky wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:25 pm Pop quiz: you can have one of those guitars…..or…..the hands/chops (but not fame and fortune) of your favourite player.

Which do you choose?
I wouldn't want actual hands grafted onto my arms. Then I'd have four hands.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

werdna wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Which do you choose?
I wouldn't want actual hands grafted onto my arms. Then I'd have four hands.
Dude...I'd take the four hands deal. Then I'd have I'd have 15 fingers of fun, fanging fun! :D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

clubhouse wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Which do you choose?
Easy. Hands/chops any day. Don't need a flash axe. As much as I'd like to make a living from my creativity, I'd rather have a higher degree of mastery of the instrument to be able to express the crap in my head...whether anyone else gets it, I can't control...but to get it out with expressive eloquence and mistake free fluidity would be, for me, a life worth living :D
I've met some fine guitarists. I've never met one who didn't look up to others as superior.

I feel that already so I'll take the burst. That way at least I'll have half a million dollars I don't have now. :rofl:
And given my apparent relationship with Les Pauls, it will remain in its current condition.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Which do you choose?
Just longer fingers, or even just a pinky finger that isn't stubby, the rest of my fingers are long enough.

Not that it would tidy up my ever-increasingly sloppy bedroom playing, but at least I might be able to reach a couple of things I'd love to be able to play.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Danger Mouse wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:47 am

Which do you choose?
Just longer fingers, or even just a pinky finger that isn't stubby, the rest of my fingers are long enough.

Not that it would tidy up my ever-increasingly sloppy bedroom playing, but at least I might be able to reach a couple of things I'd love to be able to play.
Similar boat to what I'm paddling here...big palms, chod fingers. I call them meat slabs with frills...o and then I had the genius idea to chop the end of my left hand, pointer finger off! :crazy:

Previously, I could just mangle a 5 fret spread on a good day...but now, even an open/cowboy C chord is a major grab! I'm working on it though, like a Beatles chord: using middle, ring and pinky...little wins :)